6| Apologies

AS WE WERE on the ship, Dick suggested that Megan show off her shapeshifting. She turned into him first and then Wally and then me.

"Wow, Jayde, never realized you could be so good looking." Wally said, gazing lovingly at Megan. I scrunched up my face and smacked Wally's shoulder. "Ow!"

"Impressive." Dick said, clapping his hands. "But you know you're not gonna exactly fool anyone with those. Well, maybe as Jayde."

"Mimicking boys is a lay harder." Megan said, sitting back down.

"And your clothes?" Kaldur asked.

"They're organic." Megan said, opening her jacket. "Like the ship. The respond to my mental commands."

"As long as they're the only ones." Superboy said.

"Great way to apologize." I muttered, turning my head out the window.

"Can you do that ghosting through walls thing that Manhunter does?" Wally asked, trying to distract Megan from Superboys comment.

"Density shifting?" Megan asked. "No. It-it-it's a very advanced technique."

"Flash can vibrate his molecules right through a wall." Dick said, trying to make Megan feel better also. He cut himself off with a chuckle. "When he tried it, bloody nose."

I busted out laughing remembering the time Wally was trying to show off to Dick and I and ran straight into a wall.

"Dude!" Wally scolded.

"Here's something I can do." Megan's voice was back to its cheery tone. "Camouflage mode."

'Red Tornado to Miss Martian.' The superheroes voice came over the radio. 'An emergency alert has been triggered at the Happy Harbor power plant. I suggest you investigate covertly. I'm sending coordinates.'

"Received." Megan spoke. "Adjusting course."

Dick scoffed. "Tornados keeping us busy again."

"Well a simple fire led you to Superboy." Megan said. "We should find out what caused the alert."

"I think I know the cause." Superboy said just as a tornado began to come our way.

"Oh shit." I said as it sucked the ship into it. Megan finally got us out and landed. We all jumped out as the screams of civilians filled our ears. I was between Wally and Megan but kind of behind them.

"Robin, are tornadoes common to New England?" Kaldur asked. And Robin disappeared.

"And he's gone." I said, placing my hand to my face. "Idiot." His cackle echoed as it has done so many times before.

"He was just here." Megan said.

"Yeah, he does that." I shrugged.

Explosions came from inside the factory and we watching as Robin was thrown against a pillar.

"Who's your new friend?" Superboy asked as he crouched next to my partner.

"Didn't catch his name." Robin said in a sing-song tone. "But he plays kinda rough."

Superboy lunged at the tall red robot.

"My apologies." He said. "You may address me as Mr. Twister." He sent a tornado Superboys way, he fought against it but was ultimately overpowered, throwing him against a wall. Wally put his goggles on and we all stand in our fighting stances. Robin stood up clutching his abdomen.

Wally attacks first, running at him and flipping into kicking him but he was thrown outside.

Kaldur and Megan began to lunge at him but both were thrown against a wall and knocked unconscious. I stared back at them before summoning a nearby water source and using it to blast Mr. Twister. He blocked it before sending me back against a wall next to Superboy. I groaned.