15| artemis

today we decided to chill out at the beach. wally unfortunately had to miss out due to school coming back around. robin would have to go back to school eventually too but i wouldn't. lucky for me, i took my ged and am officially free of school. batman of course was against it but when did i ever do what he said?

"hello megan, we should hit the beach everyday!" megan exclaimed as our feet hit the sand.

robin brought his hand to his head. "first, a moment of silence for our absent comrade."

megan looked down. "poor wally."

"hey i thought it was a lot more quiet around here." i muttered, placing my hands on my hips. "anyways last one to the waters a rotten egg!"

i rushed towards the ocean, my feet carrying me as fast as they'd go. robin cheated and did his cool acrobatic moves and got in the water first followed by me, superboy megan and then ironically kaldur.

megan and robin began to splash each other, making the alien squeal as robin laughed. i felt a tap on my shoulder.

i turned to see superboy. "watch this." he smirked. i watched as he readied himself, using his super jump to launch himself into the air. he landed, making a big splash in the water. everyone laughed loudly.

after a while, we got out of the water for some lunch. kaldur brought a neat little grill to make hotdogs on. i occupied myself in between superboy and robin, my head resting on superboys arm who surprisingly didn't mind. he handed me a hotdog and i looked up at him and smiled. he smiled back slightly.

after lunch we decided to play volleyball. well the other 4 did. i volunteered to keep score since wally wasnt there. megan hit the ball down making me throw my finger up.

"point!"

"oh come on!" robin exclaimed. "they're so cheating!"

"how are they cheating?" i questioned as robin approached me.

"because your boyfriend and best friend are on the team so the ref is favoriting!" robin said with a smirk.

i glared at him jokingly, before summoning some water from the ocean and making it come down on dick. he pouted at me as everyone chuckled.

"ooh ooh i have an idea!" megan exclaimed. she turned to me. "get superboy to lay down."

"what- why me?" i asked.

"because he'll listen to you." megan shrugged.

i groaned. "fine." i turned to superboy. "superboy, megan has an idea and she wanted me to tell you to lay down."

megan's face turned red making me smirk as superboy furrowed his eyebrows down. "uh okay?"

he did as he was instructed as megan began to throw sand onto superboy, everyone began to get the idea.

"hey jayde." i heard the gruff voice of superboy say after a minute. we had already buried him pretty well into the sand. i looked to him. "can you get my sunglasses?"

"sure." i said with a smile. i walked over to our things.

as jayde walked away robin turned to superboy who was watching the girl walk away.

"ew gross!" robin exclaimed.

"what?" superboy asked.

"you were so checking out my kind of sister." robin snarled his nose up in disgust.

"i wasn't." superboy replied with a glare.

"okay." robin scoffed. "and wally doesn't like food."