Ⓒ︎Ⓗ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓟ︎Ⓣ︎Ⓔ︎Ⓡ︎ 7: Jealousy..?

Tanjiro's pov:

When we sat there on the couch in one of the rooms of the hotel, Muichiro was quiet and silent.

He was looking onto his lap and had covered his lips with his palms. I didnt even had the courage to speak to him, because of the incident which happened. All we could hear was Ume's muffled cries and arguing noises. I felt really bad about the fact that I ruined someone's birthday. "I'm, really sorry.....Muichiro..." was all I could say. He looked at me.

He stared at me with those mint green eyes and then walked towards me, sitting next to me. He was hesitating to tell something, but I grabbed his wrists and then said "Whats the matter..? Please tell me, if something is bothering you...". He reached for my ear to whisper something.

"I...I think I should accept Ume..." he said.

My eyes widened.

Why would he accept someone he doesn't even like...?

"But, you don't like her, right...?" I said, shocked.
"Mhm" he hummed. "But, Gyu-Senpai would bully you again, and I dont want...that.." he said. I immediately hugged him. "Thats so sweet of you, but I can handle it, so you don't need to worry about me" I said, rubbing his back.

"Senpai, I think we should go and ask her for, f-forgiveness too..." he said wrapping his arms around my neck, as I had wrapped my arms around his waist. "Mhm" I hummed and then walked out to ask Ume for forgiveness.

We reached to the place where Ume was. Everything scattered, glass pieces were broken, lying on the floor.

We immediately ran up to Ume, who was sitting there, with her knees close to her chest and hiding her face in it. I went towards her and sat next to her. Ume saw me and quickly wiped her tears.

"S-Senpai...I-Im so sorry for being dramatic..." she said, wiping her tears. "I'm sorry, Ume.." I said, in a low tone.

"N-No its fine, Senpai, I-I was the one to pick, so its fine.." she said. "I'm really sorry that Nii-Chan bullied you too, I know he can be protective, but I didn't expect him to react so harshly...and then there's also me who bad mouthed you....I'm really ashamed of what I did, S-Senpai..." she said, looking at her knees.

"Ume, are you fine...?" asked Muichiro going close to her. He sat in front of Ume, and then looked at her.

"Ume, I know that you are heartbroken, but its the truth that, I only see you as a friend, nothing else..." he said, in a small tone. "I-I understand Senpai, I'm sorry..." she said, looking at Muichiro. "Let's go out and resolve everything, okay..?" I said, getting up and helping Ume to get up. She nodded and then we walked out.

At the party hall.

When we reached the party hall, I saw Zenitsu and Nezuko sitting on a chair. The hall was back to normal, but Gyu was still sitting on the counter. I guess he was waiting for Ume to show up. Ume went to the stage and then stopped the music. She then turned on the mic.

"I'm so sorry guys, I know I'm a bit dramatic, but I'm back to normal, so let's continue the party, now we'll be doing dance!" She said smiling. I saw that her mood was better now.

Gyu came towards me. "Man, I'm sorry" he said, in a low tone. I couldn't believe my eyes. I guess it because Zenitsu is good at convincing people, thats why he was able to pull up Nezuko.