ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ 8: Sick

Muichiro's pov:

I kept staring at the ceiling about what Tanjiro senpai had said yesterday. "I feel jealous", these words were roaming round my head all night. I couldn't sleep because I was overthinking a lot about that same particular thing. Yui eventually noticed my eyebags and immediately found out that I didn't sleep the whole night. "Seriously Mui? You didn't sleep all night right?" He said. I hesitated but nodded. "You dummy, how can you ruin your sleep just like that?I mean you need to get atleast 6 hours of sleep you know" Yui added. I only nodded because I didn't have the energy to even speak. "Alright then, I'll leave you sleep, get some rest" he added then went out of the room. I was lucky today because it was our weekend. Normally, I would wake up early during weekends and go out for either hangout or group study, but today I couldn't maintain the same routine. I hugged my pillow and slept immediately as I laid down.

After a few hours.

Third person pov:

Yuichiro came to the room to check on Muichiro. He brought some snacks for Muichiro as Muichiro hadn't eaten anything. He went inside the room silently and kept the tray on the side table, trying not to wake up his brother. He then sat beside the bed, gently shaking Muichiro to wake him up. "Mui, wake up, I brought food for you" Yuichiro said as he was shaking Muichiro. Muichiro just gave a small hum of agreement and then caught Yuichiro's hands. Yuichiro felt something was wrong, and then he immediately found out what was the problem.

Yuichiro's pov:

I tried to wake up Muichiro my gently shaking him. When he was trying to get up, he caught my hand as a support to get up. When I was helping him get up, I felt weird. He was shaking and his hands were all warm. I immediately checked his forehead's temperature, just to know that he had got a fever. I knew it, he always used to get fever when he stayed up all night, without sleeping.

Soon I brought a thermometer and checked his temperature. It was more than 100°F, and that's high fever. I could see Mui shaking and clenching his blanket more, as he felt cold. I gave him an extra blanket and went to the kitchen to grab medicine, just to find that the medicines were over. As mom and dad went out for shopping, I called them through my phone.
"Mom, Mui's sick. Can you please bring some medicines for fever?-", I was speaking just then Mom cut me off by saying "WHAT?! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BABY?! YUI, IM COMING JUST WAIT!" Said Mom and hung up. I could hear "Hunny, the people are watching, slow down" from dad. Lol, my mom is a bit overprotective for Mui. Me and Mum are kind of same for Muichiro, except for Dad. Dad is a chill person.

I went to the sink to wet a towel with cold water and then went to the room to give Mui a cold compress. After laying the towel in his forehead, I was about to leave when he grabbed my hand. "Yui, don't go, please" he said, in a small voice. "Idiot, you need to rest, I'll go and make soup for you, alright?" I said and then went back to the kitchen to prepare soup.

While preparing soup, I heard a loud thud from the room. I immediately ran towards Mui's room as he may have fallen down. And my guess was correct. "Idiot, how did you fall?" I said as I helped him get up. "Washroom.." Mui said, looking down, embarrassed. I gave a sigh and carried him to the washroom. After using the washroom, I carried him to the room again. "I'm sorry for being a burden, Yui" he said. I was surprised. "You were never a burden Mui, its my job to take care of you, as you're my little brother of course" I said, patting his head. He hugged me saying "You're the best big brother ever". I hugged him back.

I forgot about the soup, and eventually burned it. The soup was scattered all around the stove. I immediately cleaned the stove, good as new before mom could come back.