New Flame

Tonight was the night of the bonfire and after a long battle of convincing his parents to let him stay out late, under the condition he go to Bible study next week, he was ready for whatever the night would bring him. This whole getting over Hyunjin thing was easy when he was distracted, which is why he tried to do as much as possible, he knew his best friends were going to be there and he knew hyunjin would mostly likely be there too. He just had to pretend he wasn't phased by any of this even if deep down he was.

It was still light in the evening when Wooyoung and San picked him up, it was quite funny to see Wooyoung head over heels about someone, a kid that swore love was all fun and games sure was losing. Felix watched from the back as the two were blasting the radio, singing together, he loved seeing his friend happy but it was times like this is when he wished he had someone too.
"Oh my Gosh this is my song !" Wooyoung screamed as he blasted the radio,

( The one that got away - Katy perry 🎶 )

Felix laughed as he watched his friend sing his lungs out, dancing foolishly. He sat back and looked out the window as he broke down the music,

In another life
I would be your girl
We keep all our promises
Be us against the world

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away

Felix felt himself get choked up but tried to hide it, last thing he needed was a million "why are you crying" questions but the song was touching and the story behind it was even more. He was so deep in his feelings that he didn't hear Wooyoung yell "we're here" they pulled up to a house which had people already standing outside, he doesn't know what type of party this is but it sure as hell didn't look like a bonfire, the trio got out and headed towards the door of the home, standing there while they waited for it to open. When it did the host greeted them very happily "WooSan come in" he yelled, he was a funny character, loud and extravagant.
"This is Felix ! Felix this is Hongjoong !" The two boys exchanged greetings as he gave them a break down of the party.

"So alcohol is there, bathrooms down the hall and to your right and yes lovebirds there will be rooms provided for those that need it, just keep it clean Is all I ask and oh yeah ... fire pit is outside" he wrapped up, nodding at the boys before he went to go answer the door. Wooyoung and San dragged Felix with them to get a drink, "ok lix what do you feel like having ?" San asked as he got a cup.
Felix chuckled at the man's impersonation of a bartender, "I'll take whatever" he said, thinking that If he did drink it would loosen him up.

"Lee Felix Drinking it can't be !" He heard a voice say, a voice he hasn't heard in a long time "Yeonjun ?" He turned to which the said man was standing there "Oh my gosh Yeonjun ! What are you doing here ! I haven't seen you -" he exclaimed.
"Since church camp, I know ! But no the question is what are YOU doing here !" He teased.
Felix laughed out loud "My parents let me come .. surprisingly !" He chuckled, Yeonjun knew felix from church as both their parents were heavily involved with it. Yeonjun knew all about Felix's childhood and his parents so that's why he was surprised the boy was even here. "Do you want to go sit somewhere ?" Yeonjun asked, Felix nodding as they both went to a set of chairs outside.

Hyunjin came shortly after with his group of friends, Han and Minho were talking and Seungmin and Changbin became really close friends as for Chan and Innie their love story was becoming a real life movie and Hyunjin ? Well we know.

They entered the place which was more like a full on party, instead of a bonfire. people were dancing and drinking, Wooyoung walked up to the group along with San "you guys made it ! Thank the lord, it's been - boring" San finished the other boys sentence.
The group laughed with them "Hey did Lix come too ?" Han asked. The two boys nodded "yeah he's around here somewhere" Hyunjin immediately went to go look for him. "He's by himself ?" Seungmin asked, San eyes widened as he took a sip of his drink leaving Wooyoung to answer "um .. no with some boy from his church or something" he replied.
The three best friends shifted to each other, they knew the minute hyunjin saw this he was going to pounce on the boy "Shit we got to find them before Hyunjin does" Han exclaimed.

"Wow I've missed so much" Yeonjun exclaimed, as heard the stories from the boy, some time ago Yeonjun's parents took him out of of public school and placed him in a religious private school.
Felix's parents would have done the same if it weren't for the tuition being so expensive.
"Yeah so that's basically it.. nothing really too exciting" Felix chuckled.
Yeonjun watched as the stars beamed in the boys eyes, the freckles looking exactly how the sky looked.
"I've missed you Felix .. I think more then anything"
Felix smiled at the boy, "I missed you too Juni"
The nickname that would melt his heart.
"Felix .. I've been meaning to ask you this and I know we just reunited but I would like to ask if you'd like to try something different ..." he asked shyly.
Felix a little taken back as it was such a sudden question, I mean he hadn't seen him in years and this is what he asks. Yeonjun took the boys silence as rejection and immediately pulled back his question "I'm - I'm sorry .. that was impulsive" he exclaimed.
Felix immediately felt sorry for him "no I didn't mean it like that .. I was just caught off guard" he smiled. They stayed silent for a second before Yeonjun did something he's always wanted to do.
He leaned in and kissed him.

After Hyunjin looked in every section of the house, a group of kids told him to check the balcony.. he was eager, he needed to see the boy and tell him that he was willing to fulfill his wish. Yes, normally hyunjin doesn't like virgins because of how attached they get but he realized when it comes to the blonde, that sounds like heaven on earth and he doesn't mind it. He raced up the steps with a smile on his face, he's going to save their friendship and ...

His heart breaking into a million pieces watching the blonde and another boy kissing right there on the balcony, his body going numb and his legs wanting to collapse right there, what is the pain ? That he's never felt before growing in the pit of his stomach.
He didn't realize how long he's gone without taking a breath but he knows it was long enough to gasp.
He turned on his heel quick as they pulled away from each other, running down the stairs.
Tears streaming down his cheeks as he bumped into people trying to get out of the house, Han who saw him leave chased after him.

Hyunjin didn't care that it was freezing at this point, he needed to leave, sprinting to be as far away as he can, the only thing he could hear was the sound of his footsteps hitting the pavement, his throat becoming sore due to not breathing properly
"Hyunjin ! Wait up !" He heard Han from a distance, the boy finally catching up to him "my - gosh - you are - fast" he said as he was bent over trying not to throw up. Han finally was able to get his breathing under control "Hyun- w-what happened!" He asked as the man was sobbing into his hands, shaking uncontrollably and it wasn't due to the cold.
"I c-can't do this .. anymore" the boy said stuttering over his tears, "can't do what Hyunjin .." Han asked leaning crouching down with the boy.
Hyunjin immediately fell into Han's arms, his muffled sobs filling up the boys chest. Han had tears brimming his eyes, he wasn't close to Hyunjin or anything but hearing him cry like this would make anyone get choked up, you couldn't hear the heart breaking literally but if you did, this is what heartbreak would sound like.

"H-Han .. I've fallen in l-love with him" he sobbed