Chapter 9: Those Eyes

Freen's smile was so bright that it was almost blinding when her eyes landed on me as we entered. I wished she knew how that smile made my insides churn. I wish I could just tell her how my stomach flipped at her mere gaze. It was so intense that I wasn't even sure if it was a physiological response to her beauty or whether I was getting sick.

Well if it was sickness, I was prepared to die from it.

"Becca! Nam! It's good to see you both!" She walked up to us with an air of confidence and hugged us both. Her scent trickled up my nose and made me feel dizzy, as if I was falling all over again. "Hey..." I whispered breathlessly when she stepped back, way too soon for my liking.

"Let me introduce you to my friends. This is Noey, and this is Baitoey." She gestured to a tall, handsome woman first, then a beautiful model-like woman. They were very friendly in greeting us, though I felt flushed. I had never been introduced to anyone by Freen, not even during my last stint on earth. I instinctively realised that in order to form any sort of relationship with Freen that I would have to also form bonds of trust and mutual respect with her friends.

"It's really nice to meet you ladies." Nam interjected before I could say anything. "I'm Nam and this is Becca." She introduced us both. Both women smirked and Noey grasped Freen's shoulder, "Oh, we know. Freen has told us all about you." Her eyes were specifically fixed on me and I was not entirely sure I understood the exchanged, especially when Freen's cheeks turned a soft shade of red as she shoved Noey lightly.

"Shut up..." Freen whispered to the tall woman beneath her breath before turning her gaze back to me. "Come on..." She grinned back at me while taking my hand and guiding me to the back of the facility towards the bar. I was still commiserating about how soft her hand felt in mine, just as I remembered from before, when she brought me to a standstill at the counter.

"What can I get you?" She asked as she signaled to the barman. I felt a little lost. I had never had alcohol before and I was too lost in the moment of drowning in Freen's warm aura to search my vessel's memories for an answer. "Uhh I don't know. Anything. Your choice." I rambled. Freen smiled at me as if she was drinking in my presence and nodded slightly. She had not let go of my hand.

"We'll have one Earthly Seduction and one Angel's Wings." She gave her order to the barman and looked back at me once more. "They're cocktails. Really good." I had to smirk at the names as they rang so close to home, but I didn't have time to really finish the thought as Freen intertwined our fingers and lifted our hands to the space between our eyes. "No ring tonight?"

I felt my cheeks flush as I slowly shook my head, my eyes never leaving hers. "I thought you would approve..." Just then she ensnared her bottom lip between her teeth, suddenly making me hungry to taste those lips again. I have been missing them so much. I have been missing them for centuries.

"I do..." Her voice had grown an octave lower before her gaze moved downwards, along my body, suddenly making me feel completely exposed. "You look really good tonight..." She breathed. "Stunning, in fact..." I tipped my head down as shyness washed over me. How was it possible for her to have even more of an effect on me than my last visit. I was experiencing Freen for the second time and I was not disappointed.

Our drinks arrived and Freen let go of my hand in order to pass me my cocktail. I missed her warm skin. I would rather hold her hand than hold a drink. When I took a sip, Freen joined me but she kept her eyes on me over the rim of her glass and I could see a sparkle in them. As dark as they were, they seemed like jewels shining in the low light. Her gaze made me weak.

I coughed after my first sip, not expecting the strong taste, and Freen giggled delightfully at me. The sound chimed like musical bells in my ears and I knew I would never get tired of the wonder of it. "It's...good." I grinned in return and I could see she was pleased.

I'd do anything to keep pleasing her. My entire existence seemed wrapped around her pleasure.