chapter 9 • liar

____________________

I just wanted to say that you guys are seriously amazing! Thank you all so much for reading and loving this story as much as I love writing it 💜
____________________

I open the front door and I'm greeted with silence. Ryan obviously isn't home and I don't know how long it will be like that for so I quickly rush upstairs and change out of Luke's cloths that I'm wearing and into some of my own. I hide Luke's hoodie and tracksuit pants in the bottom of my pyjama draw so Ryan won't find them. As soon as I close the draw I hear the front door burst open.

I hear his heavy footsteps walk up the stairs so I pretend to be collecting dirty washing, hoping he won't suspect anything.

"Look who finally came back." Ryan says as I look up to find him standing in the doorway with his arms folded.

"Sorry. Allie called me after you left and asked if I wanted to stay at her house and have a girls night because she hadn't seen me in agers." I quickly ramble out a believable lie.

"Oh." He replies with a blank look on his face as he tries to reply with a smart comment but for the first time I see Ryan short of words.

"I should probably get this washing on." I announce as I walk quickly for the door but as I walk past Ryan he grabs my arm pulling my body back in front of his.

"What did you two talk about?" He asks and I can tell he's wondering if I told my friend what happened last night.

"Just girls stuff. We did each other's make up, watched movies and eat lots of chocolate." I tell him as I exaggerate the word 'lots'.

"Good." Ryan replies flatly as he lets go of my arm, letting me hurry towards the laundry room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dinner is ready." I softly speak to Ryan as I enter the lounge room holding two plates of food.

"Good, I was getting hungry." He selfishly says with a huff as I place his food down I front of him.

I take a seat next to him as I watch him look down at his food.

"What the fuck is this?" He asks in a mocking tone as his evil eyes glare at me.

"I-It's steak, potato, gravy and vegetables." I speak up nervously.

"I can see that. It looks like shit though." He tells me.

"I-I'm sorry, it's all we had." I softly whisper as I start to curl up into a ball.

"Jesus Christ Jessy, you're such a scaredy cat." He spits at me as he notices my hunched position.

Suddenly the door bell rings which thankfully stops Ryan from doing whatever he was about to do next.

"I'm not eating this shit." Ryan scoffs as me as he picks up his plate and throws it across the room at the wall as the gravy and peas go everywhere.

He walks across the room and opens the front door.

"Who the hell are you?" I hear Ryan spit at whoever is at the door.

"I'm Luke." The voice replies as I sink into my seat at the fact that Luke's at the door.

"You're the kid from the bar right?" Ryan questions him.

"Um, yeah I am. Listen, Jessy left her phone at my place last night so I'm just returning it." Luke says happily as a sigh leaves my lips and tears well up in my eyes because I'm so afraid of what Ryan is about to do to both me and Luke.

"No. You listen..." Ryan mocks Luke as I peek through the doorway to find Luke standing there obviously worried and intimidated.

"Don't you ever come round here again or have a little sleepover with her ever again. She's mine." Ryan tells Luke as anger rages through his voice.