chapter 22 • date

The boys decide to make a morning of celebrating and enjoying themselves. They all sit down in front of the television to set up the Xbox.

They begin laughing a joking around so I head to the bathroom for a shower. I wash my hair and my body as I try to keep myself awake. Last night I barely got any sleep and I'm really starting to feel it now. My eyes become droopy so I turn off the shower and the heat of the water escapes the room. I stand in the shower until goose bumps rise on my arms and legs before getting out a drying myself down. I get changed and brush my hair before heading back to the kitchen to clean up a little after breakfast.

"I'm hungry." I hear Calum groan as I walk back into the kitchen.

"Go get something to eat from the kitchen then." Luke replies quickly and you can hear the concentration in his voice as he focuses on the game they're playing.

"There's no food. I've already checked." Michael announces causing me a laugh.

"I'll go get some then." Luke groans as he stands up.

He walks into the kitchen and grabs his wallet and car keys off the bench.

"I can go get some food if you like?" I suggest.

"It's ok I've got it." Luke replies.

"Go hang out with your friends. I'm not doing anything important." I tell him with a confident smile.

"Are you sure?" He questions.

"Positive."

"Thank you." He says sweetly as he hands me his car keys and some money from his wallet before placing a kiss on my cheek.

The kiss heats up my cheeks and makes me smile. He notices my pink cheeks and smiles back at me.

"Just text me what you guys want me to get." I finally speak up.

"Will do."

"Be safe." He adds.

"Always am." I smile before walking out the front door and down to his car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrive at the shops and grab a shopping cart. I start in the drinks aisle, picking out bottles of coke before heading to the chips and lollies section. They also asked me to get them a loaf of bread and a fresh baked chicken to have chicken sandwiches for lunch. I get to the check out and pay for the items before heading to a coffee shop to get an iced chocolate and then leaving.

On my way out of the shopping centre I notice a man looking through CD's at the front of a music store. He makes awkward eye contact with me before quickly turning away. I get to the escalators to go to the car park and look ahead at the glass windows to notice the reflection of the same man at the music store standing behind me. I'm too scared to look over my shoulder at him so I just watch him through the glass. I start walking down the escalator hoping I'm just imagining it but as soon as I start walking he does too. He follows into the car park and towards my car. I'm too scared to run away incase he chases me because I'm not the best runner. As I get closer and closer to the car he continues to follow me. I quickly press the button on the keys to unlock the car and I jump inside it, close the door and lock the car before the man gets any closer.

I let out a sigh as he walks straight past me and gets in the car behind me.

"What a coincidence." I try to convince myself as I keep checking in my review mirror to look for his car.

I turn the keys and leave the shopping centre but as I get back onto the main road I notice the mans car behind me again.

As first I try to ignore it but he continues to follow me. I decide to make a quick turn left without putting my indicator on just to see if he's following me but thankfully he drives straight past.