chapter 26 • sirens

Luke's POV:

"Let me in!" Ryan screams making Jessy flinch.

He bangs on the door trying to break it, only making Jessy even more scared.

"Open the fucking door you little slut!" Ryan screams again.

"You know I'm the only guy for you Jessy. You still love me I know it!" He yells at Jessy, trying to get into her head.

"Shhh. It's going to be ok, don't listen to him." I tell her as I hug her tighter.

Suddenly the sound of sirens ring through the neighbourhood and the banging on the door stops as Ryan tries make a run for it.

"You're safe now, it's ok." I tell Jessy as I try to calm her.

"Can you get me some cloths...before they come in?" She softly speaks.

"Yeah sure."

I hurry over to her backpack laying on the floor. Pulling out a jacket, a pair of shorts and a pair of underwear. I pull the jacket over her head and help her into her shorts as she struggles.

"Open the door!" A man screams that isn't Ryan.

Both Jessy and I jump at the sudden sound. Jessy tenses up beside me in fear and shakily looks up at the door.

"Police. Open the door." They demand as we are both still frozen.

The motel door is kicked in with a massive bang by a crowbar held by the police officers.

"Get away from her!" An officer yells to me as he pulls me away from Jessy, assuming the worst.

"Please..please don't hurt him." Jessy cries out as she rushes to my side, afraid I'll leave her.

The officers push me away from Jessy and puts my hands behind my back as they go to restrain me.

"He's my boyfriend. Leave him alone!" She screams as she tries to push the police officer off me as he tries to hand cuff me.

"Please stop." She begs as they finally do so.

She wraps her arms tightly around my waist, not wanting to let go as she cries into my chest and the officers check her over for injuries and shock.

After a few more minutes the ambulance arrives and quickly whisks us both away to the hospital. The whole way there they run scans on Jessy, bandage her cuts and inject needles into her arms to help with pain.

We arrive at the hospital and much to Jessy's dismay they sweep her away to a private room that I'm not aloud in. They told me they're just stitching up her cuts and they also told my they will give her some medication to help relax her and make her a little drowsy.

I'm sat in the waiting room on a small metal chair just waiting, that's when I realise that I haven't told Mum.

I pull out my phone from my pocket and quickly dial Mum's number before awaiting an answer.

"Luke? Where are you? You've been gone for hours!" My Mum speaks in a panic.

"Mum, I found Jessy." I tell her, to shaken to answer all the questions she's asking me.

"Is she ok? Are you both safe?" She starts rambling again in a panic.

"She's ok... We're ok. We're at the hospital now." I tell her as I take a deep breath, something I haven't done for a while.

"Just the local hospital?" She asks.

"Yeah."

"Alright. I'm on my way now." She tells me before the phone disconnects.