chapter 19 • kiss

I'm startled at Luke's gesture and flinch slightly.

"I'm so sorry." Luke apologises as he quickly takes a step back from me.

I can't form any words to reply, I'm shocked. I just stand there looking up at Luke. One part of me wants to reach out, grab his collar and pull him in for another kiss but the other part of me is thinking about Ryan. I'm so scared of Ryan and what he is capable of doing if he finds out.

"Jessy I'm really sorry." He apologises again as he backs out of the bathroom.

He leaves the room and I hear him walk out to the garage to where the boys are. Not wanting to face Annie again so I lock the bathroom door and just sit on the floor, flicking through magazines and newspapers. Trying to find anything to pass the time until the boys leave.

Once I hear all the cars finally leave I walk out of the bathroom and into the lounge room.

"I'm sorry about before, I didn't want to make things awkward or make you feel like you had to avoid me." Luke speaks as I take a seat next to him.

"Don't be sorry Luke and I wasn't avoiding you, I was avoiding Annie." I tell him.

"Yeah, she's a bit full on. I'm sorry for leaving you with her." He replies as he lets out a sigh.

"Please don't feel like you have to apologise to me all the time and please don't feel like you have to ask me for permission before you organise anything." I speak honestly.

"I just don't want you to feel uncomfortable." He tells me.

"You don't need to worry about me though." I reply.

"Even if you told me every second of the day not to worry about you I still would. I just want you to feel safe." He says which shocks me.

"Why? Nobody has ever wanted to help me before." I tell him as I start to tear up again.

"Because I care...I care about you." He speaks up making my eyes shoot up to meet his.

"You what?" I ask.

"I care about you Jessy, I mean it." He says which causes a smile to grow on my lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So what kind of cloths do you like to wear?" Luke asks me as we walk through the shopping centre together.

"I don't really know? Just whatever catches my eye." I reply as I look around the clothing racks.

"I need some pyjamas though." I add as we walk towards that section.

I pick up a pair of grey pyjama pants and a superman t-shirt, placing them in the shopping cart.

"Who the hell would buy these?" Luke laughs as I turn around to find him holding up a long, bright pink dressing gown that looks like something a grandma would wear.

"You'd get strangled if you wore that to bed."   I point out making Luke laugh even more.

I glance behind Luke at a lady who just picked up the exact same dressing gown we were paying out.

"It's so ugly." He laughs again.

"Shhhh." I nudge him with my shoulder trying to stop him from saying anything else.

"What?" He asks before turning around and looking straight at the lady who is death staring us.

"Shit...that's awkward." He adds as we quickly walk to the next section.

"You have such a loud mouth." I point out as we walk towards the jeans section.

"Sorry." He giggles.

"I like these." I say as I pick out a pare of light blue jeans.

"These ones are better." Luke tells me as he pulls out a pair of black ripped jeans.

"They would not suit me." I reply as I cross my arms.

"Yes they would." He insists as he places them in the shopping cart.

"If you say so."

I pick out a few t-shirts, a jumper, a black pair of knock off vans and a pair of track suit pants. I look at all the price tags and try to find the cheaper items of cloths, feeling bad that Luke is spending his money on me. I try to keep a tally in my head of how much of Luke's money I spend so that when I finally can I will pay him back.

As we walk through the shops I turn a into another isle with Luke following closely behind.

"Ouch." I say as someone walks straight into me, making me fall over.

"Watch out mate." Luke tells the person who ran into me as he pushes them away from me a helps me back to my feet.

"Sorry Jessy, I didn't mean to knock you over. I'm just so clumpy." The guy apologises as he looks me in the eyes with a smile.

"No don't be sorry..wait how'd you know my name?" I ask and I feel Luke stand between us as if to protect me.

"Oh, umm. I heard your boyfriend say it just before." The guy tell me before nervously looking Luke in the eyes and turning on his heels to walk away from us.

"That was weird." I point.

"Yeah." Luke replies as he constantly looks behind us as if to check if that guy is still there.

"He thought you were my boyfriend." I laugh.

"Yeah." He hesitates to answer.

"That's funny." I speak as Luke just shrugs his shoulders next to me at my comment.

_________________________

Kind of a short chapter, sorry. Ps. I've started writing a Calum fanfic, it will be up once I've finished this one.x

If you dudes ever want to talk to me or are just bored my kik is: hemmoemoji

_________________________