chapter 25 • motel

Jessy's POV:

I struggle against Ryan's grip as the drug still lingers in my system. He pick me up out of the car and carries me towards a run down motel.

"You got the keys?" I hear Ryan ask someone as I look around with blurred vision to see who he's talking to.

"Yeah. It's room 31. My boss is going to kill me if he finds out that I'm helping you." A short but muscly guy speaks as I hear the clinking of keys.

"He's not gonna find out. I'll look after you." Ryan tells the guy.

He walks up one flight of stairs before arriving as the room with 31 plastered on the door. The jingling of keys sound as the guy unlocks the motel door.

"Make sure to stay quiet so no one reports anything." The guy practically whispers as he lets Ryan into the room.

Ryan carries me over to the bed and throws me down hard on it, knocking the wind out of my chest.

As I gasp for air he locks the door behind him before crawling over me with an evil smirk on his face.

"I've missed you so much." He snarls, sending goose bumps down my spine.

"What do you want?" I sob, still feeling weak.

"You."

"Please don't do this Ryan. You don't have to." I plea with him as he pulls at my cloths.

"You're right, I don't have to do it...but I want to." He tells me as he tries to pull my shirt off but I struggle against his force.

"Fine, we'll do this the easy way." He tells me as he reaches for the bedside table and grabs a knife.

He runs the knife along the hem of my shirt, tearing it in half and ripping it off my body.

He is scaring me like he's never scared me before. I used to be a lot more immune to the abuse. That was before Luke came along and taught me how wrong it was to be treated the way I was and showed me how I should be treated. I think that's what makes abusive relationships so dangerous. After a while you get used to being pushed around and told what to do. It becomes normal and I think that's why so many people struggle to understand why you choose to stay with that person. It's not that you don't have a choice it's that you're scared to start making your own choices.

But I'm not that person...not anymore.

Once again my heart is pumping, and not in a good way. My mind is racing and my body is trembling in fear as Ryan unleashes his wrath onto my body.

The pain is unbearable as I scream out, hoping someone will come to my rescue. Instead I'm greeted by Ryan's hand, stuffed with a handkerchief landing on my mouth. Once again that all to familiar scent fills my nostrils and I become drowsy again, making it easy for him to take more advantage of me.

Tears stain my face as he pulls on my hair and digs his hands into my waist. Suddenly there's a knock at the door causing Ryan to let out a groan.

"Stay quiet and stay down." He harshly speaks as he pushes me off the bed and out of sight from the door.

As he pushes me I hit my head hard on the bedside table. My head rings as I become dizzy and a small but steady stream of blood trickles down the side of my face.

He rushes to the door and I listen to him take in a deep breath before opening it up.

"You alone?" Ryan asks bluntly.

"Y-yeah." An unfamiliar voice answers him.

"Good. Give me the bag." Ryan orders him angrily.

I want to speak up and scream out so bad but he is obviously one of Ryan's mates and I know he isn't going to help me... It would also only make Ryan more aggressive...