chapter 14 • drugged

"Where are you? It everything ok? Are you hurt?" He fires questions at me in a panic.

"I-I don't know what's happening. I'm so confused. H-he d...did something to me Luke." I stutter out as I try to put my words together.

"Please c..come get me." I sob.

"Yep, I'm on my way right now. Are you at your house?" He asks.

"Y-yeah."

"I'll be there as soon as I can." He tells me.

"Please don't hang up." I plea.

"Jessy, I have to. I need to drive." He insists as I hear his car start up.

"But I don't want you to go." I cry.

"Jessy. I need to. I can't talk and drive, but I promise I'm coming to get you." Luke firmly tells me and I just nod to myself.

I sit in the bathroom curled up in a ball naked. The bathroom light shows my bruised skin as I pray that Ryan will stay asleep.

After what seems like forever I hear a car pull up outside the house. I hear the front door open and footsteps echo though the house.

"Jessy?" Luke softly calls as he approaches the bathroom.

"Luke." I answer back in a whisper.

He walks into the bathroom to find my broken figure, curled up in a ball. I'm shaking and crying as my mind is a mess and I have no clue of what is going on around me. I don't even realise that I'm naked until I feel him wrap a towel around my body.

"Can't you stand up?" He asks rather loudly.

"Shhhh...Ryan's here." I whisper.

"Oh." He speaks softly.

He holds the towel around my body with one hand and helps me to my feet with the other wrapped around my waist.

My shaky legs only manage to stay standing for a few seconds before they give way.

"I-I don't know what he did to me." I sob as I look up at Luke.

"It's ok, just breath. I can carry you." He tells me as he picks me up with ease and carries me quietly down the stairs and out onto the front porch. The whole walk to the car I fear that Ryan will see us. I even hold my breath, hoping to stay as silent as possible.

"Thank you." I say as he starts up his car engine and reverses out of the driveway.

"It's ok." He replies.

We drive down the road for a while before I notice him turn off a way he usually wouldn't go to get to his house.

"Where are we going?" I question as I begin to go onto a panic.

"I have to take you to the hospital." Luke speaks up.

"No, I'm not going there!" I protest as I become anxious.

"Yes you are. Ryan obviously has drugged you. You can't even walk and look at you, you're shaking like mad." He answers me as I take a deep breath and figure that there's no point arguing with him because I'm too weak.

~~~~~~

The rest of the journey to the hospital I just sit there and cry. I'm so confused and I'm also terrified of hospitals.

The lights of the hospital appear in front of me as Luke finds a car park. He gets out and rushes to the passenger side where I am. He unbuckles my seat beat and picks me up out of the seat as I just cry into his chest.

"Can you please help. I don't know what's happening to her." Luke frantically says a he rushes into the emergency area.

He instantly catches the attention of the nurse on duty and everyone else in the waiting room. The nurse rushes towards us as she starts talking to Luke and asking him questions but my mind is such a blur that I fail to comprehend anything.

I'm taken into a small, private room with a bed, a television and a chair.

Still wrapped up in the towel my body is cold. The nurse tries to change me into a hospital gown but I push against her, not wanting anyone to touch me, let alone take my cloths off due to the fact of it being back horrible memories.

She leaves me in the towel as she pulls the blankets up over my shivering body. Before I know it they're shoving drips and needles into me, taking blood and giving me fluids. I try to pull them out as I become more anxious but Luke is by my side the whole time holding my hand and doing his best to calm me calm.

~~~~~~~

I rub my eyes as my body wakes up. I realise I'm not in my bed and I have needles in my arms so I begin to freak out.

"Jessy...hey, calm down." Someone calls and to my surprise Luke rushes to my bedside.

"Luke? What are you doing here? And where am I?" I question confused.

"You're in the hospital. I brought you here last night. Don't you remember?" He replies.

"Sort of. I don't know? I'm just really confused." I answer him as I vaguely remember the events from last night.

"How are you feeling?" He kindly asks.

"Tired and sick." I softly speak as I clutch my head, hoping it will subside the aching.

"The nurses said that's how you'd feel when you came down." He states.

"Came down?"

"Yeah. Ryan somehow snuck some GHB into your food or drink or something." Luke tells me.

"What? How'd they know that?" I ask as I look up at a clock that reads 10:30am.

"They ran blood tests."

"Oh."

"Yeah, but good news is you can go home as soon as it leaves your system." He tells me.

"Well...not exactly home but to my house." He adds.

"Your house?" I ask.

"Yeah, when I told my parents about it all they insisted that you stay with us. They want to make sure you're ok." He tells.

"Y-you told them?" I question as my eyes tear up.

"Yeah, I had to. They were wondering where I was all night." He replies.

"You didn't have to. I don't want people to feel sorry for me Luke. I told you because I trusted you...how could you?" I speak up.

"Jessy. They want to help you, as much as I want to. You can't go back to Ryan, you just can't." He says firmly.

"Please stop." I sob as it all becomes too much and the more he talks the more emotional I become.

"I'm sorry Jessy..I just want you to be safe." He softly speaks before the room falls silent.