Chapter 18

God bless you reader who has taken the chance to read this book :) All the covers are courtesy of myself, I'd be happy to make for others as well, thank you ♥

•••

Jennifer sat beside me on the bench by the bus stop. The wind ruffled my hair, carrying it around like waves as I did my best to control it. If only I hadn't left my scrunchie in my locker or should I admit I couldn't be that bothered for leaving it. I bit my lower lip, pushing my bag closer to my belly, my eyes were alert when each bus stopped but Daniel didn't alight. So maybe I wanted to make myself look nice instead of carrying my hair in a ponytail. No big deal.

Jennifer grinning at me said the opposite. It was a big deal to her and the rest of my friends. During lunch break Nathaniel made sure to narrate what happened yesterday with extra spice to make it interesting. Now they're convinced I have a crush on Daniel. To that I scoffed and outright denied it. I don't have time in my life for trivial things such as crushes, God is my priority. And besides I've barely known him for two weeks, feelings don't develop in such a short period of time.

To contradict my statement, my feet bounced in anticipation and a wide smile spread across my face immediately I spotted him getting down from the bus. He hasn't seen me yet since his focus was on his phone so I took the chance to admire him briefly. In conclusion he's handsome; from his dark curly hair to his tall stature and wonderful smile, and his simple dressing.

Jennifer nudged my side with her elbow, "I didn't peg you for a creep who stares at her crush so openly. It's kind of nice though, seeing you like this."

I gasped. "No, what are you talking about? I was only watching to...to make sure that," Jennifer tried to stifle her laugh. "I don't have any sort of feelings for him, okay? I'm merely excited to have a new member joining us and that's that."

My gaze went back to him. Daniel was looking around him trying to spot us with a frown on his face.

"Right," Jennifer drawled, "No feelings indeed. Let's approach him then, I don't think we'd want to be late because you can't take your eyes away from him."

When we drew nearer to him there was still a faint color on my cheek because of what Jennifer said. Upon seeing us Daniel let out a nervous chuckle, "I was afraid that I'd stopped at the wrong bus stop."

He looked at me awaiting a reply but I just stared at his face. What is wrong with me?

Jennifer cleared her throat which brought his attention to her. "My name's Jennifer since someone has suddenly lost her speech."

He shook her outstretched hand. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Daniel and I am also a nervous wreck right now. I've never attended a serious meeting like this before, especially when I know I'm making an effort."

"It's nothing to worry about, we're all like brothers and sisters."

"What?!" I exclaimed. Both of their eyes snapped to mine and I felt like the earth should just swallow me whole. "I mean err...look at the time. We don't want to be late right? Yes, let's go." I took Daniel's hand and dragged him away from Jennifer.