Chapter 21

Nothing ever happens by chance. Chance itself is the possibility of something happening, the occurrence of an event in the absence of any obvious intention or cause. You can chance on something but only if it's placed there for you to do so or if you're there at the right time and location. You have no control over it.

And that's why at this moment I believe that everything weaves itself together to create a fabric. Things turn over things creating obstacles, we meet new people along the way and take new directions but in the end it creates a magnificent piece of art with a purpose.

And like every piece of art there's a creator. A mastermind with infinite thoughts shaping and pulling, tugging and changing our patterns. He sees what we're going to become in his mind, knows how we're going to get there and sets things in order for us to become it. He knows what we're to be made for even before our existence is made. The mastermind has control. Nothing chanced upon happens unless he's placed it there for us to find.

It's only after we're made that he gives us the will to accept our purpose.

My mother had this belief when my dad left us. I guess one day his smiles became fake, the urge to drop me off at school became less and the love disappeared. Or maybe there was something my feeble mind couldn't see and understand at that time. Maybe in my father's life after being made he decided to defy his purpose. My father defied the direction he was given and destroyed himself from turning into something beautiful. There was a wrong stroke making everything become ugly. His leaving us wasn't by chance, it happened for a reason and while I may not know how it affects his life, it affected mine.

The point is I believe that I had to make the decision three weeks ago to become the person I am turning into. My mastermind took control of the wool that forms my fabric of existence and led me through a brief journey to realize his love for me never fades. And now he's led me to a girl questioning the choices that she's made.

Everything has a purpose.

There she was, sat beside Penelope with her hijab hiding her wet face from mine. Currently we're sitting in a photo booth at the amusement park that was supposed to be the highlight of our outing. We definitely didn't expect our day to take this direction but I guess it shows that things are out of our control. Anything can happen.

When she asked for help I got the feeling like it was my duty to provide it. Imagine if I wasn't placed there at that time, would she have ever chanced upon me? I don't think so.

When Penelope returned with her phone and the flyers, I grabbed her covered hands and the three of us marched to the amusement park. The booth just happened to be the only quiet place without people watching us. I hope we don't take long here though because people might want to take pictures.

The girl immediately burst into tears when we were alone and it took Penelope's soft nature to calm her down. When she took off her head covering I looked away, not sure why I did it. Maybe it was to respect her culture or something of that sort.