Chapter 17 Finding Love

Leo sat in the back of their little cave as he watched the human play with his daughter. He couldn't help but admire the way his muscles rolled as he lifted the young mutant over his shoulders. The turtle wanted to save this memory. His eyes lit up as he got an idea. Leo snuck over to his drawing supplies and grabbed a small charcoal pencil and a random parchment. He went back to his spot and started to sketch the moment. He made sure to catch the joy in their eyes.

"What are you doing?" Leo didn't show his shock, but he did punch the offending object that decided to sneak up on him. So, why was Matthias on the ground holding his nose? Leo blushed as Nathara cackled. He had just punched Matthias.

"Oh my god! Are you okay?" Leo shouted as he dropped the drawing and ran to his medic kit. He pulled Matthias's hand away from his nose and started dabbing away the blood.

"You have a good swing," Matthias groaned as gauze was gently shoved up his nose.

"Well. I've been able to lift small cars since I was five," Leo tried to lighten the mood. Matthias just gave him an unimpressed look. Then he looked over to where Leo was sitting. Leo blushed as the human caught sight of the art.

"Drawn in by my dashingly good looks?" Matthias grinned as he leaned into Leo's face. The turtle's blush just got brighter.

"Am I getting a new daddy!?" Leo almost died as Nathara teamed up with Matthias. He huffed, shoved the offending human away, and grabbed his drawing. He stuffed it quickly to the bottom of his suitcase.

"I think it's time for your bath," Nathara whined as she was scooped up by her father. That would teach her to team up against her father.

"Leo is so obvious." April sighed as she looked upon the blush fest. Mikey was just cackling. Obviously he would get along well with their niece.

Leo was sunbathing near the opening of the cave. It felt nice. After being locked away for a year, his shedding is behind. It made him feel gross and like he's wearing someone else's skin. It's a good thing he started shedding this soon. The turtle sighed as the sun calmed him and all of his muscles relaxed.

"Aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!" Nevermind. Leo shot up as he heard his daughter scream, "Daddy!!" He ran back into the cave to see Nathara freaking out over some loose skin. He tried to hold back the laughs as he calmed down Nathara.

"It's ok! You're just shedding," Leo explained as he showed her his own peeling skin, "It happens every year." He picked the girl up and brought her into the sun. She instantly relaxed as the sunlight washed over her. Leo placed the young mutant on his shell as they turtle piled under the sun.

"I heard screaming!" Matthias almost tripped over the turtles as ran back into the cave. Leo lazily admired the way sweat clung to the tan skin.

"Where were you?" Leo asked as the human calmed down.

"Hunting for a nearby village. Why was there screaming?"

"Nathara was freaking out over her first shed. Did the villagers hear us?"

"I hunt alone. It's how I get certain supplies," Leo just lazily nodded his head. Oh how he wishes he could sleep. This was the perfect sleeping environment. The sun was washing over him, his child curled up on his shell. And the human who decided to sit down at his side. Leo barely grunted when he sensed the human's presence. It was comforting.

The family stared in shock. Casey was confused about the whole thing. He didn't know that they shed, and he certainly didn't know why everyone was shocked. Although the shedding thing makes sense now that he thought about it.