𝟎𝟏𝟏 playing with fire, set me free

chapter eleven,

chapter eleven,

playing with fire, set me free

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

NAOMI FELT DEJA VU felt her eyes roaming around the entire alleyway, she didn't really understand why she had felt as if she had been here before, but a part of her can't even seem to recall certain things.

It was a tendency, repressing her childhood memories, blocking out all of the abuse to paint her life less abusive. There were times that she liked to make believe her life, twisting alternate endings where she was actually happy and had a good family relationship, but it was all in her head.

She didn't have a good life.

Her eyes were getting too glossy, tears were threatening to escape that she had accidentally gripped onto her boyfriends hand tightly, a low wince had escaped his very own mouth and turned his attention towards her, he easily had noticed that she was lost in space. He given her hand a light squeeze, "Hey, Naomi, sweetheart. You okay?" He whispered in her ear.

Mindy also stood on the other side of Naomi, as she wasn't trusting the girls dad to suddenly surprise and approach Naomi, and harm her in front of them. Though, she understood that her knowledge on the girl wasn't really known, but if her brother was being protective of her, so would she.

Naomi sniffled, offering her boyfriend a saddened smile, she was so tired, "I'm okay. I'm just really fucking scared, so scared." She mumbled out, fiddling with his fingers.

Chad hesitantly asking, "Of your dad?"

He just really wanted to know, he didn't mean to pry about her life. But, if his girlfriend is in danger just by being around him then he needs to know, so he can alert someone to do some background check on her dad.

Naomi suddenly began to panic, stumbling with her words that her boyfriend detected with how nervous she suddenly began to feel like after what he said, "I — No, it's just all of this scares me, death and all. . ." She attempted to save herself from further questioning, "And, losing you. I don't want to lose you." She easily said, a soft smile on her face.

He didn't really seem to be that convinced with her statement, a part of him felt that she was keeping something, though he didn't want to push the conversation, so he just reassured her back as well, "And, I can't loose you either, Angel. We're going to be okay, okay?" He had gently kissed her cheek.

She genuinely smiled, teasing him, "Missed my lips, pretty boy." She cutely pouted her lips, and suppressing her own grin. He had playfully rolled his eyes, kissing her lips.