𝟎𝟐𝟏 a beignet after therapy session

Chapter twenty one,

Chapter twenty one,

a beignet after therapy sessions

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY, NAOMI?" Her therapist had gently asked her a notepad was to be seen in her lap as well as with a pen in her left hand, preparing to write down any notes of todays session.

Naomi exhaled her very own breath, it's already been a year since the death of her dad and siblings, a year of peace for her. It was all so new to her.

A soft smile had appeared on her very own lips, speaking to her therapist, "I'm doing really good, actually so great." She rambled, the smile wasn't leaving her lips.

It was the truth, she was so happy.

Hannah smiled at her patient who was just sitting across from her in a very light purple dress, as it's already been a year since she has known the girl, and the improvement she has made this year has been incredible, speaking gently to the girl, "That's great to hear, Naomi. How is your relationship with your boyfriend?" Part of their session was to also speak upon her relationship with her boyfriend.

Naomi squealed in excitement, also mostly because this midnight it will finally cross them of finally being together for over two years, she spoke in quite excitement, "It's so great, he's so amazing. Meeting him in that record shop will always be the best part of my entire life, he had given me hope that day." She didn't want to cry anymore, especially because these were happy memories, Chad is the light to her dark tunnel especially when she was suffocating that year, he made her feel what she hadn't felt in those nineteen years.

Love. Love. Love. Love.

Hannah gently smiled, "That's wonderful, Naomi. . ." She exhaled her breath, writing all that down in her notepad before questioning her, Naomi had noticed the look she was giving her and was nervously and patiently waiting for the question, "Are you still struggling to fall asleep?" Her eyebrow raised.

Naomi had fiddled with her fingers, a guilty look on her face, "I have my moments, it's just sometimes, uhm I hear our house floorboards creaking, it just makes me wake Chad up to go and check. . ." She exhaled her very own breath before she continued rambling, "It makes me feel so guilty because sometimes he has to go to work, and I'm waking him up because i get so scared, scared for no reason." A tear had rolled down her eye.

Naomi had wiped her tear away, sniffling at what she revealed. No matter how many times that Chad reassures her it's okay, she still feels guilty.