Chapter 1 the undead mage Part 3 passing the torch

All might "so. do you by chance feel like explaining what you were doing with the sludge villain?". Izuku "I'll be honest. I only encountered him by pure chance on this exact day. I figured out that his quirk was a mutation type. And I changed it into a transformation quirk in exchange for not telling anyone and accepting the punishments for his crimes. I know it's against the law for me to use my quirk because I'm not yet a hero, but nobody was hurt and it permanently stopped a criminal in a non lethal way". all might "because nobody got hurt and the results of your action. I can let you off with a warning. However I'll at least need to tell ua about this, so if you don't mind could you explain how you did that".

Izuku "I was able to do that from my quirk. It's probably not on the registry yet because I only found out about it a few days ago, it's a kind of complex quirk with multiple applications". all might "how so?". After Izuku explained what he knows about his quirk. :All might "I see. In that case would you like to be my successor?. You seem to have a good idea of what it means to be a hero, and you have enough power to beat most villains along with the ability to improve the quirks of those who need it". Izuku "yes I'll be your successor. But you probably should go tell ua what happened. you might be my favorite hero and I might be applying to ua. but I'd rather not risk your job and if possible. I'd like to be upfront to ua with what happened to avoid a potential punishment for it being found out later". all might "that's probably a good idea". It was just then that all might deflated into his small might form: Izuku "I didn't know your quirk had a drawback of some kind. Or was some type of transformation quirk".

all might in his Small might form "not quite. It's from an injury from a villain attack. A lot of my stomach along with 1 of my lungs were destroyed. Doctors were only able to stop it from getting worse but not get better, this limits me to only 3 hours of hero work each day" Izuku "if I was able to change a quirk with just a wave of my hand. I could not only fix everything the doctors couldn't. but by augmenting your body I could give you a New prime. the only problem is without any form of regeneration beyond what a quirkless person has, you will be limited by how much I can improve it" all might "that's still quite good because I'd still have an improved prime along with my injures gone. I nearly forgot to ask, what's your name?".

Izuku "it's Izuku midoriya" all might "my real name is Toshinori yagi. Though you should probably just call me all might while I'm doing hero work, anyway because you want to go to ua I don't mind recommending you to ua if you don't want to take the normal exam". Izuku (this will definitely anger bakugo because I didn't tell him about my quirk. And that's reason enough. But going through the recommendation exam rather than the normal entrance exam would anger him further because not only would he find out later, but it would also show him my quirk is better along with being chosen by all might himself) "I think I'll take that offer. It's not one that comes often by many heroes" all might "fair enough. Though soon we need to get to work on a training regiment, but first I need to visit ua".