chapter 1 the undead mage Part 5 soul searching

When it came time for the recommendation exam Izuku came in first place with the written exam He came in first place in the practical exam by teleporting to the end of the obstacle course and did well in the interview. He knew he'd get accepted into ua. But for now he had to wait an entire month to enter ua officially. Though at the end of the recommendation exam He met a girl who goes by the name momo yaoyorozu and he told her that he hopes she passes the recommendation exam. The next day Izuku knowing he'd have to wait a month for ua decided to go find some insects around town so he could do an experiment.

Knowing he's probably one of the few. if not the only person. who can see souls Izuku decided to see what happens if you remove some of the soul of an insect. What he found was that the insect would survive but have less Energy or be less strong and shortened the lifespan of the fly. An expected result. But what about if he added part of the soul to his own. After considering the best options for this test Izuku chose a fire ant. Regardless of what happens he at least would gain 10 times his strength and a chance to gain a fire related ability. The result was a very minor mutation in which his skin became like an exoskeleton with the exact same look as normal with the exact same joints and same body type with his body still working nearly exactly the same as before. but he somehow still has his skeleton within it. But like he thought he would. he gained 10 times his strength and to his surprise he could now create and control fire as if it was magic.

Even if it was just a 16th of the soul of a fire ant. This idea was one that could benefit him and other people quite a bit as this confirmed you don't need a quirk to have powers. And the best part is that this can be explained by his quirk in a way to hide it from other people until a later time when it will be better to explain. The next chosen insect was a mosquito Yes they are hated by many people. But with theoretically magical abilities. they could offer stuff like blood magic and air magic along with disease magic. And that exact night Izuku found a mosquito on the way back home. After taking a 16th of the soul of the mosquito he tested his blood magic by placing a mark of blood on the door of his room from the inside. The mark was supposed to wake him up every time it was knocked on 3 times. The next day Izuku was woken up by the mark as if it was an alarm clock that only he could hear.

This made Izuku glad because of the potential things he could do now. But he knew he could do so much that would help this process of discovering the potentially most useful types of magic now that he knows some of how it works. And his magical power was only just starting to grow. He decided to clean the mark off of the door to prevent inko worrying about him and to not have it be active anymore because it was only to test his magic. While considering the next insect to choose. Izuku decided it would be best for either a Luna moth or a ghost spider to be the next choice but then decided why do them 1 at a time and used blood magic to summon both options and took a 16th of both souls. After that he freed the moth and the ghost spider. In the meantime he had another mutation happen. His eyes were enhanced to work better regardless of the amount of light which in turn granted him night vision in addition to that his exoskeleton grew equal to his actual bones. He knew he could expect shadow magic dark magic astral magic and spacial magic from the Luna moth and from the ghost spider he'd be able to expect illusion magic web magic ectoplasm magic and some degree of fate/Destiny magic.

And with four out of 16 parts of insect souls he knew he had just a quarter of a complete insect soul. Though a thought occurred to Izuku. There might be insects that have specific elements or abilities specific to them. but for example it would be nearly if not outright impossible to find any with the time attribute or any form of necromancy. However. one for all does get more powerful after it was passed on to the next user. which in a way implies something to the effect of part of the previous users were part of or in the quirk. This means in theory quirks are connected to their users soul. and Izuku knew that if insects had magic that nobody knew about it likely wouldn't be too far off to guess that human souls have powers that are hidden from humanity. But while he did some experiments on insects Izuku knew he shouldn't do the same to living animals or humans and for now he can live with his current mutations. In fact they are almost unnoticeable without an X-Ray or even a trip to a doctor. And if he does want more he can always just summon what he wants part of the soul of but it would be best to practice at least some of the magic while he waits for ua