chapter 2 new demigods Part 3 the tournament

Before he lost the chance to do so. Izuku quickly texted Nezu about what todoroki told him. He told momo that he wishes her and Uraraka good luck in the next competition. It turned out that the next competition was a tournament where the remaining contestants battle each other. Normally only 2 people fight in the arena at a time. but it turned that the first match was Izuku vs shinso vs. when that match started Izuku telekinetically moved shinso out of bounds. Although it made shinso feel weak Izuku apologized to him. He was just put against the wrong person. And Izuku had no desire to hurt him. the second fight was todoroki vs sero. It wasn't that hard for todoroki to win. The third fight was Kaminari vs ibara.

 Although his quirk was enhanced he still lost. It was however a much closer fight. The forth fight was ida vs mei hatsume. Because of an agreement ida and Mei hatsume turned the fight into what amounted to an ad for her work. Mei still chose to give up fighting at the end as she wasn't actually intending to continue in the tournament. The fifth fight was mina vs aoyama. Like in the anime mina won. The sixth fight was momo vs fumikaga. Unlike cannon momo wasn't having trouble. As she created a light manipulation quirk and used the light of the sun as a weapon and a defence. Fumikaga ended up losing but momo decided to help him to recovery girl as a show of sportsmanship.

The seventh fight was bakugo vs uraraka. When they both arrived in the arena lot's of people noticed something. Izuku was glaring at bakugo as if to say that if he makes one wrong move. He might not live through the tournament. Those who started those rumors felt a chill down there spine as they realized that Izuku knew about the rumors. And if he was as protective of uraraka as he was of momo. It could be a death sentence to continue those rumors.

And in the fight Uraraka seemed to be doing better than most people would have thought possible. With a wave of her hand she freely controlled gravity. it Was nearly comparable to telekinesis. Most people watching questioned how she could do that. Though for aizawa it was clearly the work of Izuku. Having to explain all of those enhancements Izuku did was going to annoy aizawa later. With a few waves of her hand uraraka managed to get bakugo in the air and out of bounds. Although that alone wouldn't stop bakugo as he used explosions to float and change his direction. The problem was that uraraka changed the direction of gravity for bakugo to be sideways. This made bakugo fall to the edge of the arena. As he fell from the opposite side of the arena his legs were injured a decent amount and he couldn't continue the fight. Although bakugo was angry at his placing and uraraka. This only got him more determined to do better. But then he noticed something. As he felt more determined his legs were fully healed.

This was something he could take advantage of in the future. Izuku congratulated uraraka for her victory. But now it was time for the next fight. In the eighth fight tetsutetsu and kirishima decided to arm wrestle. Do to an iron deficiency kirishima won the second fight. Izuku knew he was in the first fight in the second round and was to battle todoroki. But as he was walking his way over to the arena endeavor decided to try to convince Izuku to get todoroki to use his fire. Izuku: "I have plenty of reasons not to. First off I don't take orders from you. Second off I know what you did to your family and I'd need to be a villain to be able to even consider doing that, and thirdly I've informed Nezu about this and he's still currently deciding your punishment". endeavor wasn't happy with the words of Izuku. But he knew he can't do much about nezu and he has a feeling Izuku isn't showing his full capabilities.

eventually endeavor was forced to let Izuku continue to the arena. Along the way there he encountered todoroki. Izuku mentioned to him that endeavor tried to get him to convince todoroki to use his fire. Izuku then had an idea for what he could do to punish endeavor if Nezu allows it. When Izuku was in the arena against todoroki they were treating it like a sparing match. Izuku used fire magic against todoroki's ice. Eventually todoroki had to create an iceberg in an attempt to beat Izuku. Izuku chose to use astral magic to transform into a spiritual form as a way to avoid the attack. when the iceberg was visible Izuku seemed to have disappeared. But upon closer inspection by todoroki Izuku was inside the ice. But was phasing through it as if he wasn't a physical being.

When Izuku made his way to todoroki he telekinetically ripped apart the ice on the particular level. This resulted in a lot more oxygen being created in the air. When the iceberg was gone the audience could see Izuku. He was in a lightly glowing form that appeared to look kind of like a spirit of some kind. Todoroki in disbelief of izuku's New form tried to punch Izuku. To the surprise of many people. Izuku phased through that attack. In return for the attempted punch Izuku telekinetically moved todoroki out of bounds of the arena. It was nothing against todoroki but they both knew who would actually win the fight. To the disappointment of endeavor. Todoroki didn't once use his fire in his fight. But even more than that was todoroki lost.

It was just as Izuku and todoroki were out of the arena that he got a text from nezu. It seems Izuku will use his illusion magic to punish endeavor. It looks like Izuku can use his New idea