Twee

I've always adored flowers, they bloom even during the darkest times.
Unlike people, flowers did not judge nor hate.

Today was a new day. Riku had offered to bring me to school today, and since I could really use some company I accepted.

*honk in the background*

Sounds like he has arrived, I hurried to the door with my backpack and an apple in one hand, while I slammed the door shut and locked it with my other hand. It did not go very smoothly, the apple fell out of my hand and rolled down the stairs. 

After running down the stairs and picking up my apple,  I entered the car.

"Hahahahha. Helloooo" And I was greeted by a warm smile.

"Hi Ku"
"Do you know what day today is?"
"..." I tried to think, but nothing seemed to come up.

"What do you mean?" I asked after a while.
"What do you mean what do you mean? Today is our weekly cinema day!" 

The thought had completely left my mind after everything that went down yesterday. It was indeed Thursday, our weekly cinema day. Or that is what we liked to call it. Our so called cinema day, was a day were we did something together. For instance going to the cinema, but it depended on the week, sometimes we watched movies in his house, went to a park, simply did homework together- I think you get the jest.

"Do not tell me you forgot again!"
"No......"

"...maybe.."

"Okay.. Yes I did."

"That is- You are so- Unbelie- Okay."
"But you're still available, right?"
"Yes, of course Riku.

What was your plan for today?"

"I was thinking we could go to that new movie, in the cinema? But I completely forgot the name..." He said as he smiled sheepishly. 

"Ah" I began thinking of all the advertisements I had seen about new movies the past few weeks.

''If it helps'' He said ''I think it was about a red girl and the trailer was with her in tram.''

As he continued speaking, the movie was beginning to sound familiar.

''Oh! And she wears all black, some kind of ninja.''

"Do you mean black widow?"
"Yes, that's the one!" He yelled out with much enthusiasm, too much for how late it was- just past 7.40 am.

"We'll see if it's on today." He finally said, and school was already insight.

''School stinks.'' Ku said

As he turned to me, his mouth formed into a bashful smile, ''But you make it better.''

And we burst into a fit of laughter.

I loved having Riku as my friend, he made me forget, and for now forgetting was better than forgiving. Even if it did not happen as often as I'd like, it still happened, and when it did it could turn a bad day into a better one.

Even if Ku does not know why I am feeling down, or am acting weird, he will always try to cheer me up. And frankly some days that is all that my soul needs.