Trei 'Happy day'

As we entered the school, we both went to our lockers. Unlike yesterday, I did not have all of my stuff with me. I left my stuff in my locker yesterday, not having any homework which was a wonder.

Our teachers liked killing us, with our backpacks, by making us bring books to school havier than an elephant.
That is the reason why Riku and I liked leaving books and school supplies in our locker, if we did not need them for homework.

After getting his stuff Riku made his way to me. I put my English books and Biology books in my bag. I looked inside my locker, seeing that mybmathematic books, Latin books, chemistry books and drawing utilities were inside. Those were the classes I had after the first break. And we made our way to our first class of the day, which was English.

Even though our teacher could be a bit weird sometimes, the class was one of the few that i looked forward to.
Well that was a bit of an exaggeration.

In a few moments we had made it to our class, since it was not very far away from our lockers.

We were not the first to enter, students began entering the classroom until the very last moments before the bell rang.

"Welcome students, today i would like to do a piece of writing with you."

Loud groans could be heard. Writing was not everyone's strong field, hence the disliking sounds.

"I know not everyone of you finds it as easy as the rest, but it is stil a mandatory aspect in learning a language." He continued.

"And do not forget that your test, this semester, is solely focused on writing."

"First I would like to clear the absence."
And he started listing everyone off, in alphabetical order, as displayed on the application used by our school.

Finally arriving at the L,

"Matteo Landucci"
The class began looking around, not finding Matteo seated anywhere.

"I- I am here." Matteo said while panting.

"Not on time in class, but just in time to hear your own name being called, clasic Matteo." Our teacher said.

Matteo smiled goofily.
"Sit down."
Mateo let out a sigh of relief and made his way al the way to the seat just behind Riku's, who was of course seated next to me.

"Felix Lau- Lau-r-r-rentiu"
"Yes" I replied
No one pronounced my family name right, as it had foreign origins.

"Way to enter." Riku turned around and said, with a voice dripping in sarcasm.

Matteo smiled.

And so the lecture resumed.

We had finished writing a piece, a short story just under 400 words.
Mine was about a grandma, a strange grandma, who wanted nothing more than be young again. She would have given everything for it, even her whole house, even het cat, and even her grandson's soul.

The boy

Once upon a time there lived a grandma, but she was not just a grandma, she was also a baker. She baked day and night, but started to worry. What would she do once she was no longer able to move so freely?

She was not very old, just above 60 years, but her back had been bugging her for over a decade.

She was, however, not alone. Her son lived close by, at least that was what he had told her in order to convince her of letting him move. But in truths, he lived at least 4 hours away from his mother.

He did write her letters, and they were opened and they were read. Only never were they answered.

As she started to get older, the age of 70 being just around the corner. She started to get unbelievably painful cramps in the lower part of her right leg.

"Why must I be so old and fragile?" She began asking herself.

"Why must I live so isolated from my family?"

Surely enough her question was answered, in the far, far distance footsteps could be heard.

"Get in the car son, we are visiting someone."

"But I don't want to leave Daddy."

"Come on Felice."

Felice was the fathers son, with dark green eyes and short curls he resembled his mother entirely. Who had sadly left them a long time ago.

She resumed her baking, and started with the bread, needing to stay in the oven longer than the rest. After putting the bread in the oven, she worked on the pastries; cookies, brownies, blondies- nothing was left out.

*knock knock*
She did not expected anyone, as she opened the door a man was standing in front of her.

"Hello, mother."
"..."