Five 'Still'

English class was finally over. Except for the 'fun' entrance of Matteo, the lecture was the same as always- doable but not particularly fun.

Next on my schedule was Biology, to my dismay Riku was not in the same Biology cluster as me. So that would be a lot of focusing and less talking, good for my studies but bad for my mood.

As I made it to the class, I was surprised to see an unfamiliar face standing in front of my usual seat.

School had already started, the half of the school year had even gone by. So all the clusters of each subject had been decided, a long time ago. So now you'd understand my shock at seeing- well- new.

I made my way to my usual seat, in the middle of the classroom, just behind the new person. He turned, smiling, a way bigger smile than you'd expect from someone you did not know.

"Hi, my name is Seppe. What is your name?" The unfamiliar boy asked while expressing excitement.

"Hello, I have never seen you before. Are you new in this class?"

"..."
He looked at me, a bit bugged
"That was not the answer that I expected, but, frankly yes I am indeed new. I transferred to this cluster, because it would mean one less day starting at eight."

"That is a very good reason indeed, I switched Latin clusters at the beginning of the year for that exact reason."

He kept looking at me, expecting something.
"And your name?"

"Ah. My name is Felix."

"Felix, Latin for lucky and happy, nice name."

I looked at him, surprised.
"Haha, I just had Latin!"
That did not completely reason why he knew that, but, regardless, I nodded and turned away to get my things for Biology.

...

"Do you mind if I sit next to you?"

I had not expected that.
"Uh, yes, you cannot sit there ."

''Oh'' A disappointed look made its way to his face. What had I said? Did he not hear me?

''You can sit down...?''

He just stared with a very confused look. Then it hit me. ''Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry.'' 

''It's okay, it is very early, everyone is half asleep.'' He took the chair out and sat down.

Our biology teacher entered the classroom not long after and the lecture began.

*teacher talking in the background*

''Do you get what she's talking about?'' He turned to me with hopeful eyes.

''...Yes'' I answered hesitantly .

''Could you maybe explain it to me later?''

''Yeah, sure.''

''Thank you!''

''Giuseppe, less talking and more paying attention. We don't want your grades slipping, do we?''

A bit out of line. I thought. But wait, had he not said his name was Seppe?

As if he could read my mind he said ''My name is actually Giuseppe, but most people call me Seppe.''

''Ah. So like a nickname?''
''Mhm.''

And I tuned in to the teacher's lecture once again.

An hour later the bel rang, and I started packing my bag. Giuseppe on the other hand had already finished packing his bag 10 minutes ago.

''What do you have after the break?'' Giuseppe asked

''Um, let me look..''

''I have Latin, and you?''

''Physics.'' He answered while sighing deeply.

I made my way to my locker, and to my surprise he was following me. Did I take his pencil, or something? Did I say something that bothered him or what?

I opened the locker application and unlocked my locker. As I started putting my English and Biology books in my locker, and putting my Latin and chemistry books in my bag. I did not fail to notice him still standing behind me.

I finished putting everything in my bag and turned around- he was still here!

''Do you mind moving?'' He asked

''Huh. Oh yeah okay. But, uhm, why are you here?''

''What do you mean?''

''Uh... have you not been following me ever since we left biology.''