*♡~Ch.17 - If We Have Each Other~♡*

Jackie POV:

I was frozen with fear as I tightly shut my eyes, hoping this was all some sort of weird dream. Am I really being kidnapped? I thought to myself as every single worst-case scenario popped into my head. I decided to open my eyes and saw none other than Star Butterfly.

"Oh my god I am so sorry!" she said before dropping me to the ground.

"Oww..." I said, rubbing the spot on my head that slammed into the floor. That's when I finally looked around the room. It was beautifully decorated with candles and a red rose in the middle of the classroom. It's so romantic, I thought to myself. That's when I realized this had to be for someone else.

"Are you okay?" Star said, reaching out to help me up from the hard tile. I stood up slowly without taking her hand.

"Yeah," I said, straightening out my pants. "Uhm, I'm really sorry that I'm not the person you were looking for. I'll, uhm, just go ahead and leave now."

Star started to nod before her face contorted into one of complete confusion and shock. "What are you talking about?"

"Well, uh, this is clearly a very... romantic atmosphere that you created in here and, uhm, I don't really want to intrude on anything, so I'll just go home-"

"It's for you," she blurted out.

I was dumbfounded as I rubbed the back of my neck. "Oh, uhm, okay,"

"It doesn't have to be romantic if you don't want it to be! I can just turn on the lights and we can just get to know each other," she said, awkwardly.

"No, no, it's okay, don't get me wrong, I do want to get to know you, but, uhm, I like you, Star," I stuttered, beginning to feel the heat creep up on my cheeks.

"Oh! Well, uh, here's a sandwich I made for you. It's kinda random but I don't really know how to make anything else so yeah," Star rambled.

We quietly sat down and ate in silence, not knowing what to say to each other.

A/N: I tried to do some more dialogue for this chapter because I struggle with that, so let me know if you like it! Anyway, I hope your day is as pulchritudinous as you are!