*♡~Ch.20 (Epilogue) - Paper Rings~♡*

Jackie POV:

It feels so silly now to look back, but here I am. The last day of summer break. I went on a date with Star while Tomco was doing their thing. We both went home before our date to get ourselves ready, plus we were going to dinner anyway. I can vividly remember what I wore. It was so special to me. I had white shell earrings and a matching necklace. My hair was in a messy ponytail. I still have the gorgeous teal dress that I wore, even though it no longer fits me.

I rode over to her house on my skateboard and rang the doorbell. I waited nervously before Marco's parents opened the door.

"Hello, Jackie! How can we help you?" his mom said, warmly.

"Uhm, hi. I'm here to pick Star up?" I said nervously.

"Oh, she's in her room. I'll go get her. Make yourself at home!"

With that, she quickly hopped up the staircase toward Star's room. Deep breaths, Jackie. You've got this. I thought to myself, even though I knew I'd be completely flustered when I saw her.

As she walked down the stairs, I couldn't help my jaw dropping in disbelief. She was just so absolutely gorgeous. "Wow," was all I could mutter. She giggled at how flustered I was.

"You don't look too bad yourself," she replied, still giggling. "C'mon, let's go."

I walked with her outside the house, said bye to her parents, and we hopped on my skateboard and rode to Chile's. (A/N: don't judge me I completely forgot about every other restaurant lol ;-;) We talked over our food, and it took 2 hours for us to actually finish. We decided to skip dessert, as we totally filled up on appetizers.

As we skated toward the lake, I couldn't help but smile and laugh the whole way. I am one lucky girl, I thought to myself. We sat down on the beach and she leaned on me as we watched the beautiful sunset. The sky was painted in beautiful colors, and they danced in Star's eyes as I stared straight into them.

"Quit staring, it's rude," she laughed.

"I can't help it! I love you so much, Star Butterfly." This time it was Star's turn to be flustered.

"Oh, shush," she said, pushing me away, playfully. I grabbed her hand in mine, and as I rubbed circles onto her thumb our fingers intertwined. I placed a soft kiss on her hand, and I could see my reflection in her eyes. I put my forehead against hers and closed my eyes. I knew then that I was at home with her.

Tom POV:

As I sat with Marco at a picnic table, I fondly remembered one of our first dates. Sitting outside the little ice cream shop. Our table had a red and white umbrella that was clearly getting old, based on the sun-damaged colors. The bench was dark green and the table surely had lots of gum stuck underneath.

We had finished our peach and vanilla double-scoop ice cream with marshmallow drizzle hours ago, and the sun was beginning to set over the trees. The abundant leaves were lush and green, contrasting the orange glow of the sun. As it set, the sun made a halo around Marco's face. It almost looked like he was glowing in the beautiful light.

There was a park with a playground behind him, and some little kids were playing with each other, without a care in the world. Marco had his head resting on his hand, and there was a pause in our conversation as we both enjoyed our surroundings. We were just happy to be together. All of a sudden, I just burst out laughing.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" He automatically lifted his head, bringing his hand towards his mouth. I pulled his hand towards me and placed a soft kiss on the back of his delicate fingers.

"It's nothing. I'm just so happy." I muttered as a tear slipped down my cheek. Marco wiped it off my cheek but kept his hand on my face. He pulled me closer and kissed my lips tenderly.

He pulled back suddenly, unsure of himself and I gave him a small smile and pulled him in for another, longer kiss. We put our foreheads together, out of breath. I started to giggle, and so did he. We stayed like that for a moment, our foreheads together and our eyes closed.

"We should probably head home," he said, standing up.

He tossed his cup into the nearest trash can and offered his hand to me. As he intertwined his fingers with mine, we walked towards the park, into the beautiful sunset. We playfully bumped into each other, ecstatic from the kisses we shared. It was then that I truly felt at home.

A/N: Hello readers! I can't believe this story is actually finished! Thank you so much for reading!! I love you all so much!!! <3333 Honestly, I have no idea what peach and vanilla double-scoop ice cream with marshmallow drizzle tastes like because I'm lactose intolerant. :/ Comment if you try it because I want to know if it actually tastes good or not! I'm going to go through and edit the story as a whole, by the way. Well, anyway, I hope your day is truly, completely, and utterly as marvelous and captivating as you are!