Chapter 5

Alex's POV

I woke up the next morning sore and still completely exhausted. I was still planted in my spot on the floor next to the couch. When I looked to the couch I found Noah still alive, breathing, and fast asleep. Somehow in the night, probably when he was puking, Noah had tossed all the blankets off his body. Which left him in only his boxers, on my couch, with a VERY apparent case of morning wood.

I felt heat rise in my cheeks as I noticed it and quickly got up to grab a blanket to cover him up with.

Just as I was getting ready to toss the blanket on top of him, he opened his eyes. He sat there staring at me and blinked a few times like he was trying to wake up from a dream. When I didn't disappear after a few blinks he started looking around at his surroundings. When he finally looked down at himself and realized he was only in boxers, in a strangers house, and had a raging boner he quickly moved his hands to cover the evidence.

"Uh.... I uh... I'm really sorry," he said his cheeks turning bright red.

I tossed him the blanket I was holding that way he could cover himself up some.

"What happened last night?" He asked me, avoiding eye contact. I sighed and sat down on the opposite end of the couch.

"I'm not entirely sure what happened before I found you, but I was on my way home and I have to drive past your house to get home. When I drove past I saw you laying out in the front yard. You were passed out and covered in vomit and you reeked of alcohol. You couldn't tell me where you and your roommates were staying so I brought you back here  to sleep off the alcohol until you can tell me where to take you," I explained.

He sat there in silence for a few minutes still avoiding eye contact with me. The longer he sat the more upset he seemed to become. To the point where he had wrapped the blanket around his head and was hiding his face from me.

"Where are my clothes?" I heard him mumble from under the blanket.

"I uh... they were covered in puke from last night so before I laid you down on the couch I made you take them off and I threw them in the washer while we were asleep. I just gotta dry them for you," I said making a move to get up.

With his head still covered he practically threw himself back onto the couch.

"Fucking idiot. Getting fucking plastered and having the cute firefighter who saved your house also save your dumb ass. I'm so fucking stupid," I heard him mumble to himself.

I ignored what he mumbled to toss his wet clothes into the dryer. When I made my way back to the living room Noah was still laying on the couch, cucooned in the blanket I had given him.

"You're clothes are in the dryer. They should only take about an hour or so to dry. Do you want to take a shower while they are drying? Maybe get some of the puke smell off of yourself?"

He poked his head out from the blanket to look at me and nodded his head.

"Thank you," he said softly, "for picking my dumb ass up. I'm sorry you had to do that."

"You went through alot yesterday. Come on I'll show you the bathroom."

My house wasn't big. It was a simple one bed one bath house with a decent sized living room and kitchen. I led Noah down the short hallway to my bedroom and motioned towards the bathroom.

"Towels are in the closet in the bathroom. You can use whatever you need in there," I told Noah walking out of my room and closing my bedroom door to give him privacy.

While Noah showered I decided that I would cook the both of us some breakfast consisting of pancakes and bacon. Just as I finish the last of the bacon, Noah emerged from the bedroom freshly showered. He again was left in only his boxers due to his clothes still being in the dryer.

"I'm sorry I'm completely on show for you here," he said motioning to his clothesless state, " I didn't think you'd have anything in my size."

I laughed at his comment and waved my hand at him.
"Don't worry about it. I work in the medical field. I've seen plenty of naked men and not all willingly on my part. Grab some breakfast."

He sat down with a slight grin on his face and filled up the plate I gave him with food. We both silently ate until we were full.

"Let me clean this up for you," Noah said jumping up when we were both finished.

"No you don't have to do that. You're my guest, Noah." He scoffed at me calling him my guest.

"I'm your intruding and unwilling guest. You scraped my drunk ass off the ground and made sure I didn't die. I'm a stranger to you and you brought me back to your home to help me out. The least I can do is clean up after you made me breakfast."

I sighed not having the willpower to argue with him over it.

"Okay, fine. I'm going to take a shower and get changed. If you need anything just knock on my bedroom door. Once I'm all ready and your clothes are dry I'll take you back to where your roommates are."

He nodded and gave me a thumbs up as I headed to my room.