Chapter 18

Noah's POV

I had asked Alex to drop by my house so that I could grab a few things before we went back to her place. She pulled up and parked but didn't shut the car off.

"Aren't you coming inside?" I asked her. A look of nervousness flashed over her face.

"Uh... I don't know," she responded. I silently reached over and turned the car off, and took the keys.

"Let's go, pretty girl," I said, getting out and walking towards the front door. I heard her car door shut a few seconds later and reached for her keys to lock it. I waited for her at the front door, reaching my hand out to grab hers.

"Are you sure the guys are okay with me coming inside? I don't want to intrude." She said sheepishly. I just shook my head, smiled, and pulled her through the front door with me. We continued through the house and upstairs to where my room was.

"Wow," Alex said, looking around my room, "It all looks so different than the last time I saw it." I chuckled as I pulled out a bag and started throwing the stuff I needed into it.

"I finally got all the stuff cleaned up and bought a new bed and some other new stuff that was too dirty to clean off. Luckily..." Before I could finish, I was interrupted by a knock on my bedroom door.

"Hello," Jolly said, giving a smile and wave towards Alex. "How was the Star Wars thing?" Jolly asked neither of us specifically.

"It was really fun," Alex replied quietly.

"It was one of the best days I've had in a while," I said, smiling towards Alex.

"You going somewhere?" Jolly asked, motioning to my packed bag.

"Uhh yeah, I'm gonna go stay with Alex tonight. Did you need something before I leave?" Jolly just nodded and walked off towards the studio. I slung my bag over my shoulder and grabbed Alex's hand, leading her towards our studio.

"Okay, so I finished doing some mixing on that one song we were working on the other day and just wanted you to hear it," Jolly said, his eyes flicking towards Alex. Without realizing what song Jolly was talking about, I nodded for him to play it for me.

My palms got sweaty, and I felt a blush creep to my face as the opening lyrics were to a new song I had written. A song I had written after waking up from a really good wet dream about Alex and I. Oh, man I was so incredibly fucked.

Alex's POV

I stood listening to the song that Jolly was playing for Noah. The song talked about making bad decisions with a woman. I felt foolish. Noah had obviously written this song about some girl he must have hooked up with. I felt jealousy and hurt bubble up in my chest and felt the sting of tears in my eyes.

Before Noah or Jolly could see the tears or hurt on my face, I walked out of the room and went downstairs to head for the front door. I felt so incredibly foolish. He was probably going to be just like all the other guys I had encountered and try to sleep with me, and once he gets what he wants, then leave me.

Noah's POV

As soon as Alex walked out, I knew I messed up. I should have just told Jolly to show me the track later.

"Alex!" I said, running out the front door after her. "Wait, can I please explain? I know that it was weird to listen to that, but please let me explain why I wrote it.

"You don't have to explain anything to me, Noah. Writing songs is your livelihood, and I can't stop you from writing a song about some fling you had with some girl," Alex said, her voice betraying her full of emotion.

I chuckled lightly. She thought that I wrote the song about some random fling. Wow, this would be even more embarrassing to tell her.

"I didn't write that song about a random fling, Alex. I wrote it about you." She stopped and looked at me with surprise and confusion.

"We've never slept together, and that song was about you and a girl making bad decisions," she countered.

I nervously laughed and rubbed my hand over my neck.

"It... uh.... I-I wrote it based off of a dream that I had. A dream about you and me. Not soem random fling."

"Oh....oh shit," I heard her say. Then she busted out laughing. When I looked up at her and met her eyes, I couldn't help but let out my own laugh.

"Listen, I know it's kinda awkward. I was just really inspired by the dream. Jolly and I recorded it, and it's actually a pretty good song. But if it makes you uncomfortable to know that I wrote it about you, then we will leave it off the album, and it won't be released at all," I said rambling on.

I watched as her eyes focused on me and darkened. Her mouth turned up into a devilish smirk as she spoke again.

"Oh no. Leave it on the album. It's kinda hot. I wonder what other songs I can inspire."