Chapter 11

Alex's POV

Once we ordered and the waiter took our menus away, I had nothing to nervously fidget with or distract myself with. Noah gave me his full attention, and after the waiter had left, he jumped straight to asking me about myself. I answered just about all the questions he had and told him all about myself. I told him I was 24, I grew up in the middle of nowhere in Ohio, and I always dreamed of being a firefighter. I told him about a few of my hobbies and my favorite shows and movies. He was surprised to hear that I enjoyed anime, and when I told him my favorite was "Attack on Titan," his eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head.

Throughout me telling him about myself, he would add in the occasional detail about himself but nothing as in depth as I was telling him. So when I found a break in the conversation, I flipped the script on him.

"So what about you, fancy man? Tell me about you." He smiled shyly and cast his eyes down to the table.

"Well.... uh.... I'm a musician. I grew up in Virginia, and I'm 27. I like anime too. There's not much to really know about me," he said, briefly looking up at me before returning his gaze to the table and beginning to fidget with his drink.

At that time, the waiter brought us our food, and we ate in comfortable silence. Once we both finished, the check was handed to Noah, and as he promised, he covered everything. He even refused to let me leave the tip for our waiter, throwing down a few hundred dollar bills on the table.

As we exited the restaurant, Noah extended his hand to me to grab. I willingly put my habd in his and followed him back to his car.

"If you're okay with it, I have one more place for us to go," Noah said, looking over at me just as we reached his car. He opened the door without waiting for my response and helped me in.

"I trust you. I'll go wherever you want to take me," I told him as he was shutting my door. When he entered the car on his side, he had the biggest smile on his face, and he grabbed my hand to hold in his for the drive to wherever he was taking me next.