Despair

This has mentions of violence and gore.

As the hours ticked by, the captured girls were starting to panic due to their current situation. The silence was almost defending as they were kept waiting in this room that was only lightened by several candles. 

"W..What are we going to do?" Dana said with a shaky voice. 

"We're going to escape and hope that...." Ronnie Anne started to say before her cousin stopped her.

"Great plan, now what happens next? Cause if you haven't noticed, we are being kept in a room that is part of a house where we're being watched by a tall woman." Carlota said. Ronnie Anne didn't speak for a while after that since she knew that her cousin was right...however, she had more pressing matters to think about. Before she can say something else, she heard a sound.

Teke Teke...

"Guys, did you hear that?" Ronnie Anne said. 

"Hear what?" Carlota said before the sound started to come closer to where they were located. 

Teke Teke...

"Do you think that there are other creatures like the one who caught all of us?" Sid said. The rest of the girls looked at each other before staring back at Sid with scared and worried expressions on their faces. Before any of them could answer Sid's question....

We prefer to call ourselves, yokai. Though for beings such as myself and Hachishakusama....I would like to think of ourselves of victims of mortal's wickedness and cruelty.

The girls jumped a little before turning around to see a girl staring at them from the now opened door. They were sorta relieved to see a somewhat friendly face until they noticed that she was missing the bottom half of her body.

"W..Who are you?" Carlota said.

My name is Teke Teke, but before I became like this...I was named Chizo. I just wanted to see why she would keep all of you alive seeing.

"Alive? You mean that she would kill us?" Dana said.

Correction, she would kill you and eat you. Be lucky that she found her lover since he is the only reason why you still breathe.

"Lover? What do you...." Ronnie Anne began to say before Teke Teke started to speak again.

You'll find out who he is in the future. For now, it's best that all of you give up escaping from this room.

"Give up? We can't give up...." Ronnie Anne said, before stopping. Teke Teke's was staring at her with a smile that didn't show happiness. The smile was showing rage and resentment and in one of her hands was a sharp scythe.

Hachishakusama thought that you would try to escape after learning your purpose here so she called in some "friends" to keep an eye on you. Though if any of you leave then your lives will be lost.

"You're insane." QT said.

You think that we care what you think of us. There are a lot of people who have been wronged by others and cursed to walk this Earth after our lives ended. We will get vengeance against everyone and will never stop just because of your pathetic words.

"You can't keep us here or else...." Carol started to say before Teke Teke started to laugh.

Oh. You think that you can escape us that easily. Remember little girl, we are spirits who are willing to spill blood to get our vengeance against the mortals who turned their backs against us. Besides, if you think that you only have me to worry about then...YoU hAvE aNoThEr ThInG cOmInG.

After that, Teke Teke left the girls alone with despair riddled in their hearts. When she is out of ear shot, she turned around and saw Hachishakusama standing there with a large smile on her face.

I see that you decided to meet the girls that I took from that cursed town. 

Can you blame me? After all, it's not like you to keep your prey around after you chosen your targets. I even remember you chasing a girl for years after she tried to escape from her fate.

You mean that stupid girl who thought that leaving the area made her safe? I can still remember her expression when I finally caught her. I can just go on and on about my precious memories with her, but I have more pressing matters to attend to.

You mean catching those three sisters? Well, if I remember right you said that one was into the supernatural while the others were interested in comedy and fashion.

POPOPO, I guess nothing gets past you. I will catch them soon enough and when I do...I'll teach them to treat their former brother with more respect.

After that Hachishakusama teleported away in order to watch the sisters while Teke Teke was still in the hallway. She almost pitted those sisters, but knew that they would be the lucky ones in her revenge against those who mistreated her beloved. Maybe she should introduce herself to them soon, but not now...after all, she has a job to do with making sure that the captured girls didn't escape. 

Though, she secretly hoped that some would since she wanted to get more vengeance.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter...Bye 👋