10. Butterflies

Today's song: Somebody New - Joywave

See end of chapter for more notes

//

Aleks sat on his comfortable bed, in comfortable clothes. His chest went tight, then a butterfly wing-flapping sensation would occur and drop to his belly. It was an uncontrollable feeling, but not exactly a bad one. He'd describe it as trying out a new drink: weird and unfamiliar, but all around pretty okay.

But he wouldn't describe himself now as pretty okay. He wasn't in a bad mood or anything, but his emotions were on edge. He felt like his raw feelings were out in the open, sensitive to the slightest touch. And Kevin, that motherfucker, had swooped in and squeezed and mingled and man-handled Aleks' feelings.

And it felt amazing.

It was surreal.

Aleks didn't even really know what surreal meant, just used it to describe scenes in which were indescribable, and this was definitely one. He didn't know how to put his thoughts into words. He felt weak in his knees, like he would just wobble if he took a step. His heart was pounding, but his movements were soft, gentle.

Surreal. That must be the exact word to describe how he was currently.

After playing video games for hours, cracking sexual, boyish jokes at each other, pushing and shoving each other playfully, then ordering another large pizza to share, Kevin had driven him back home, bless him.

Then Aleks had walked up to his room, changed into baggy sweatpants and a fluffy sweater too big on his thin frame, sunk into his marshmallow-mattress and just sat there for the next half hour with that surreal feeling in his chest, Kevin Kevin Kevin going through his head.

He knew what exactly was going on, has happened a few times, but he refused to admit it, even to his own subconscious mind. It was so embarrassing to admit even to himself, let alone out loud.

His phone vibrated. A text message from Kevin.

>>Hope you're safe at home :3 don't be too sad without me ;)

Oh my fucking God, Aleks groanedand grabbed a nearby pillow, pressed his face into it.

<<Don't worry, you ass, I'm fine -_-

>>Even without me to protect you? You're a loser

Aleks rolled his eyes, sent a quick reply, and locked his phone. He plopped down into his bed, tufts of feathery brown hair sticking up. He knew he'd have to brush it out later but he couldn't care. His sweater slipped off one shoulder, revealing a great deal of pale collarbone, but he couldn't care less to cover it up. Not that anyone would even see it.

I can't believe I have a crush on this dickhead.

Aleks squeezed his eyes shut, pulled the covers up and fell asleep. The butterflies went away and his surreal emotions faded. He was finally at peace.

//

Aaaand finally one of the losers has admitted to their own feelings ;) short chapter but I still quite liked it, idk. BTW!!! I have an original story up, it's called Deviant, and tbh I'm super passionate about it! If you're interested (or not lol) pls go check it out, leave a vote and comment, tell your friends and family about it and promote the heck out of it :D!! Anyways, thanks for reading, and if you enjoyed, leave a vote and comment with your feedback, and follow for more updates and stories! :)