14. Just Girly Things

Today's Song: Cheap Sunglasses - RAC

See end of chapter for more notes

//

By Monday, word of Aleks and Kevin being a couple had spread across the entire school. While most were supportive, particularly an over-excited Eddie, there were a few people who had different views on their relationship, but were too shy and overwhelmed with their supporters to voice out their thoughts.

All except Sparky, of course, who turned up Monday morning, leaning against Kevin, an angry eyebrow raised. Her usually casual and laid-back expression, which was honestly what had first drawn Kevin to her in the first place, was now replaced with an icy cold one. Literal goosebumps raised on Kevin's arms when he saw her, and he stupidly stopped dead in his tracks, wrapped his arms tighter around his books.

Shit.

When Kevin took a step forward, trying a smile with her, all she did was narrow her eyes, and stepped closer to him, so they were half an arm length away. Kevin shrined sheepishly, for once looking wimped out in front of a girl. Of course, only Sparky could do that to him, there was only one girl in this whole school, or probably this whole fucking world, that could make Kevin feel small, and that would be Sparky. And right now, he felt like a small mouse being stared down at by a hungry feline, claws out and ready to strike.

"Um, hey Sparky...?"

"This is seriously how you choose to break up with me?" Her tone was laced with a venomous tone.

Kevin huffed.

"Okay, we were never really dating, to begin with, and-"

"But we were something! Do you know embarrassed I feel? I think a text would've been better than this."

"Can I just say that the both of us saw and messed around with multiple other people when we were, and I quote you, "something"," Kevin made quotation marks with his fingers. "I thought you didn't even give a shit about me."

Sparky's face turned red, and she crossed her arms over her chest protectively. Kevin tried not to, but he smirked.

"It still feels like shit, you asshole."

"Sorry."

"Whatever."

"Do you want me to return your heart necklace?"

"You can fucking keep it."

"Okay..."

Sparky stormed off. To Kevin, it felt like every pair of eyes were on him. But when he looked up, everyone was too busy rushing off to their own classes.

He sighed, grabbed his books, and ran to his classroom, making it a second before the bell rang

//

"So," Aleks took a sip of his hot chocolate, "now that we're a thing, let's do something."

Kevin looked down at the shorter boy, and smiled when he noticed a drop of hot chocolate on the corner of his lips. He remembered how, just a few long days ago, he'd noticed the same thing on Aleks' lips but only subconsciously swiped it away with his thumb...

Even though they had only just left school, and there were students around them, Kevin leaned down and pressed his lips to the corner of Aleks' lips, tasting hot chocolate and something else, something that was Aleks. He smiled when Aleks stilled, then tried pushing the taller boy away uselessly.

When finally Kevin pulled away, a satisfied flush on his cheeks, Aleks huffed.

"We're in public, Kevin!"

"Yeah, so?"

Aleks pulled a face.

"I don't like PDA. It's gross, I hate seeing couples be all, like, kiss-y in public and stuff. I don't want to be one of those couples."

In response, Kevin leaned down, cupped Aleks' face, and kissed him, this time harder. Aleks made a noise of protest, realized nothing would work, closed his eyes, leaned up on his tip toes and kissed Kevin back. When the two pulled away, they were aware of eyes on their backs (most probably from the small mob of squeal-y girls who'd fallen in love with their relationship), but disregarded them.

"Why I like you, I have no idea," Aleks frowned, but his cheeks were pink, and not due to the weather.

Kevin only grinned at him.

"Back to what I was saying, please listen to me Kevin, please, let's do something. Let's do a couple thing."

"What's a couple thing?"

"Things couples do... as a couple. I don't know."

"Okay, okay, so you mean a date?" Kevin laughed. Aleks rolled his eyes.

"Yes, yeah, a date. Whatever."

"Sorry, sorry. Okay, a date. What do you want? A swanky five-star restaurant, my treat? I'll even order matching tuxes for us so we'll look like human penguins, ha-ha," Kevin laughed, then started imitating a penguin walking. Aleks shoved his face.

"Stop embarrassing the both of us, ass,"

"Okay, fine. How about I drive over to your house, and we can have mind-blowing, knock-your-socks-off, panty-wetting, mouth-drooling sex?"

Aleks' face turned even redder.

"It'll be hot. I'll fuck you into the mattress and you'll be screaming my name like-"

"I GET IT," Aleks choked, then looked away. Kevin just had to laugh at his boyfriend's reaction.

Woah.

Boyfriend.

That was a weird thing to call Aleks. Kevin looked down at Aleks' blushing face. But it was a good thing to call him. This made sense, they made sense. We look good together, Kevin reassured himself. We are good together.

Kevin wrapped a warm arm around Aleks' sinewy pale shoulders.

"I'm just joking, God. I promise our first time will be slow and sweet, okay babe? We'll save the rough part for later," Kevin winked. Aleks didn't say anything.

"How about we watch a movie, and share one large popcorn?"

Finally, Aleks looked up, a cute cheeky grin on his face.

"That sounds absolutely perfect."

//

Okay. So life update: I've been doing this 10 minute home abs workout thing, and I just started like a few days ago and wow it is very good. Like there are not really results yet, but my stomach feels tighter and I feel more flexible already somehow idek. So yeah, I'm feeling pretty damn great so here's YET ANOTHER CHAPTER. I know I promised plot progression but lol sorry I just wanted to write something so yeah here's a small thing. I was supposed to add the actual date but I got lazy so yeah have an early update. I hope you enjoyed reading this, and if you did, leave a vote and comment, and follow me for more! ;)