22.Wedding Bells

Today's song: How Deep Is Your Love

//

At first, being Kevin's boyfriend meant having a tall handsome boy drape his strong arms around your shoulders, have him call you pet names like babe and sweetheart, and being spoilt with expensive gifts. Then, you really get to know him, shed his playboy-ish flirty exterior, his wolfish grin, and rich presents, and he's this over-protective lovesick guy who will do anything for you. And then, after you fall in love with him and fully accept it, you have to actually admit that you love him. And not in the shitty teenage romance kind of love.

Aleks collapsed onto his bed, closely followed by Kevin crawling over him, nearly completely covering him with his larger body. He fisted his hands into his bedsheets when Kevin bit his earlobe, whispering dirty promises into his ear, his hands working on the fly and button of his too-skinny skinny jeans. He lets Kevin tug his jeans off, lets him work magic with his lips, his tongue, kissing beautiful marks on his contradicting pale skin. He looks down and moans at Kevin's large hands grabbing and spreading his thighs apart. Kevin asks Aleks, so politely, still so protective, if he can fuck Aleks while he's wearing his goddamn maroon sweater, look so pretty like this babe. And all Aleks can do is nod vehemently, impatient already.

When they're done Aleks curls in on himself, and Kevin wraps his arms around Aleks' small waist, presses his nose against his neck, and tangle their long legs together. Kevin presses a kiss to his shoulder before falling asleep. Aleks remains awake for a few more minutes, marvelling at how pale and small he looked next to Kevin, who had gorgeously flawless olive skin, an athletic and tall build, and generally larger frame than Aleks. But it was more, way way more, than the physical stuff that made Aleks' stomach churn, head dizzy, and heart beat with want.

He liked when Kevin would blanket Aleks with his arms protectively, how he always had a small special smile that lifted Aleks' mood instantly. He always understood when Aleks wasn't paying attention sometimes, was always there to listen to his problems. Under that, there was something even deeper and stronger. An internal and virtual connection. Sometimes Aleks would daydream that they'd been made from the same star in space.

You should fall asleep wrapped in the arms of someone who makes you think absurdly good things like space every single night, was his last thought before drifting into a deep sleep.

//

Of course, nothing is perfect, even if two soul mates born from the same star billions of years ago were to date it can't all be swell. That kind of perfection is simply forbidden on this planet.

Aleks wakes up cold, with no warm boyfriend next to him. He sits up with a jolt, and looks dumbly around his room. He's still wearing his thick maroon sweater, and a warm ray of spring sun shines onto him through the cracks in his blinds, but a cold shiver runs through him.

Did Kevin leave...?

He shook his head. Of course Kevin left. He probably had something to do and didn't want to wake Aleks up. He's such a caring boyfriend. But it doesn't do anything to calm his nerves.

Deciding not to let his thoughts get to him, he yawed, and padded to the kitchen to make himself hot chocolate.

His head must've been out of it, because when he greeted his coffee-sipping mom, she glanced up at him, she gasped, spilling coffee on her cardigan. She frowned, wiping it off with a tissue, her cheeks pink.

"Aleks! Put on some pants!"

He looked down suddenly, his own cheeks flushing when he realized he wasn't wearing anything under his sweater. Without a word, he bolted back to his room, slipped on a pair of boxers, and one of Kevin's lacrosse shorts. He came back, face red, and thoroughly embarrassed. His mom smiled.

"Coffee?" She offered. He shook his head.

Aleks sat down at the kitchen island with his mother. This was one of those rare days when she didn't have work early in the morning. He bit into a piece of toast and closed her eyes. His legs still felt weak, and he was suddenly aware of the hickeys peaking out from under the collar of his sweater. He hunched and leaned into his shoulders to try and hide them.

"So, Aleks," his mother said, peering at him through her reading glasses. "I heard your father's getting remarried."

"What?!" Aleks choked on his toast. He swallowed it with a gulp of orange juice. "Married?!"

"Hmhm," she hummed in response. Her expression was inscrutable. Aleks squinted at her; sometimes, it was impossible to tell what exactly she was feeling.

"How do you know? Who is he getting married to?"

"He told me, last night, after the charity sale. I saw him and we started chatting. Y'know, catching up and stuff. He was there for his fiancé, that Shelley woman. Surprisingly pretty, isn't she?"

Aleks' mouth gaped open. He was at a loss for words. His mom shuffled awkwardly in her seat, and he remembered that they were talking about his dad, her ex-husband.

"I'm so sorry mom," he patted her hand comfortingly, but his mind was racing.

"No no, it's alright," she smiled at him reassuringly. "I've moved on for years."

But when Aleks turned back to finishing his toast, he heard her sniffle.

//

"What do you mean she's getting married to your dad? She's married to my dad!"

Aleks winced, pulled his phone away from his ear. He stared at it, as though it would make Kevin's voice softer and kinder.

"He told my mom. And she said, specifically, 'that Shelly woman'," Aleks said. A moment of silence passed. "Kevin?"

"I'm here," was his crackly response.

"Kevin what do we do?"

A beat passed. Two, three.

"Nothing."

"What do you mean nothing? Your stepmom is going to marry my dad... and she's still married to your dad. What's that mean for us?"

"Absolutely nothing. If Shelly gets a divorce with my dad, I'm still living with him, and you already only live with your mom. Nothing happens. Let's let the adults handle this. It's none of our business."

Kevin's voice was stiff, lacking his usual casual and emphasised vibe. A lump formed in Aleks' throat.

"You're right," he said. "Can you come over?"

On the other side, he heard movement, and Kevin groaning.

"You know I want to babe," Kevin answered slowly. "But I can't."

"Why?"

"..."

"Kevin?"

"Studying. Aleks, I'm really trying. I just don't want the stress to get to me. Sorry, sweetheart I'll see you in school okay?"

Before Aleks could say goodbye Kevin hung up. The empty sound on the other end of the phone mirrored what Aleks felt on the inside.

//

Happy new year all! I hope you had a lovely Christmas and let's all hope a joyful new year :) here's a short chapter that's kinda a filler because like I said.... I don't have much time so chapter will be cut up and wayyyy short... sorry :(
Anyways, if you're enjoying this story so far remember to leave a vote, comment any feedback you may have, and follow me for more updates! This truly does motivate me to write more, because I'm always glad to know what my readers feel about my writing!