Epilogue

So everything worked out in the end.

Eddie rolled his eyes, slowly scrolling through the hundreds of texts from Aleks. Two days ago, just after the mess between Aleks, Kevin, and New York, the two of them disappeared suddenly. Aleks' mom became concerned and called Eddie first. He feigned oblivion, denying that Aleks ever told him where he was. Almost a second later he got a text from his best friend saying he would be gone for a week.

A week.

The next day, Aleks sent him a selfie with Kevin, and Eddie wanted to reach into the screen and punch both of their dumb smiling faces. Of all things, the dynamic duo had disappeared and travelled to Maldives. When interrogated about it, all Aleks said was:

"The two of us needed a break from real life and decided to cool down in Maldives. Actually it's really sunny here so I guess warm up? I don't know, whatever. If my mom asksetell her I'm sleeping over at your place for a week. Say we're working on a project or raising charity funds or make up whatever will ease both of your minds. I'm sorry bro I owe you one big time I need you to back me up on this okay? One week and I'll be back, promise."

He wanted to get pissed off at the both of them, but Aleks was sending in photos and videos of all the fun things he was getting up to with Kevin... and he was right. They needed a break, but not from each other. They really did need to cool off from real life. He smiled to himself at the quadruple texts Aleks sent reencountering that he'd done with Kevin that day.

 Snorkelling, walk by the beach, dinner with the locals, sex on an overwater bungalow...

whoa whoa what? Eddie's eyes widened at the text, which was followed up by a winky face emoji and a blurry shot of a man's slender arm covering a smaller frame. he looked away immediately. He felt wrong looking at such an intimate photo of both of his friends.

He locked his phone and shuddered. When Aleks' mom called again he made up a wild story about the two of them joining a charity organization to raise funds to aid in the prevention of AIDs. Aleks needed to stay over for a few days to "help make charity stands". Whatever the fuck that means.

Although he already had a full interrogation speech and rant written out for when Aleks returned to Colorado, Eddie couldn't help but feel happy for his best friend.

First, meeting Kevin for the first time in their English class. Being properly introduced in lunchtime. Going to Kevin's house to play video games, the awkward and fumbled lead-up to their confessions in the abandoned park, their first time in Aleks' living room, the small fights that led to Aleks freaking out about their relationship, Kevin moving to New York, and now... this.

Eddie sighed and lay on his side.

He couldn't wait for the week to be over; the two of them are going to face hell when they return.

//

This was really useless but I wanted to just kind of conclude everything ;) if you want a naughty bonus chapter ya better start voting and commenting on chapter(s) 30. Also an author's note is coming up that I would really appreciate if you guys read :)