21. Daddy Issues

Today's song: All Fall Down(Tomorrowland) - Leon Else

//

Kevin, straight faced, climbed into his car and started the engine. His phone was still buzzing with texts from Aleks. But he'd heard enough to be convinced. I can't believe I'm going to the fucking charity sale...

It came as no shock that his boyfriend would send a desperate text begging him to come to the event. What did, however, shock goosebumps up his arms, was the following text that said: Kev, pls, my dad is here, fuck

and another one closely following,

SHIT babe pls ily COME OVER NOW he looks like hes gonna talk to your stepmom !!!

He was already slipping on his Nike sneakers by the time Aleks started exploding his phone with even more desperate messages. He didn't even bother with the rest of his outfit; just in the middle of studying, he wore low baggy sweatpants, a loose green t shirt, and unmatched socks, his face was tired and his hair wasn't doing the thing where it looked messily perfect. He lifted a hand from the steering wheel to pat his hair self consciously. He was still unsure about the new haircut Aleks had pushes him to get.

Sneaking a peek at his phone, he saw several more shoot across the screen.

Babebabebabe idk what to do im so sacred omfg

pls kev come over now !!!

shit no im sorry bby u stay home n study ok ?

what if some DRAMA happens im not witnessing this alone

K E V I N

eddie is so useless rn i need u !

ily plspls need u NOW !!!!

By the time Kevin had arrived and sloppily parked his car, a final message from Aleks had been sent before a moment of silence haunted him. He stared at his phone fifty times a second all the while running to the charity sale. Immediately, the smell of home-cooked food and the sounds of bustling parents and students overwhelmed Kevin. He'd attended the event once, many years ago, and absolutely hated it. He wouldn't be here right now if it weren't such a situation.

kev need u here now ! i jus saw shelley & my dad go off somewhere before sharing a look ..

He looked up, and saw Aleks approaching him. His strides were wide, arms up and ready to embrace Kevin. Upon seeing his horrified, wide eyes, all Kevin wanted to do was wrap Aleks up in a safe blanket hold him and never let go. Instead, he let Aleks wrap his arms around his waist, pull him down, and kiss his cheek.

"Kevin, I just saw Shelley and my dad sneak off... they went to the girl's toilet."

"Shit," Kevin frowned. How the fuck are they gonna get in there?

And what exactly were they planning on doing if they do go in the girl's toilet? Confront them? No way.

"Shit, fuck, damn," Aleks muttered. "Your dad saw it, by the way, he just stared when my dad went up and basically molested her. I don't think he knows where they are though."

Kevin looked up sharply. Sure enough, in the stall nearby, his dad had stopped dusting his vases momentarily to squint at Kevin. Fuck, he saw me.

"Kevin! You came!" his dad smiled, until his eyes wondered and saw Aleks. Saw his arms around Kevin. His eyes wrinkled up in a huge smile. To Kevin's absolute horror, he left his stall and ambled over.

"I thought you were studying, Kevin! What're you doing here? Came to help out, or..." his voice trailed off, and he nodded at Aleks, pushing a hand out. Kevin witnessed the single most awkward handshake of his entire life.