Chapter Twenty

Lyra

"Perfect!" Sasha squealed and clapped her hands together as the our very last balloon hit the floor.

After two hours, Rivers house was now covered in decorations to celebrate tonight's game. The team along wioth the entire school were so confident that they would win the championship. To be fair, they hadn't lost a game the entire season, which is the first time since River's father was captain of the team.

There was no back up plan for if the team lost, River's house was decorated for a celebration.

There were banners and balloons everywhere'. In about half of the ballon we're different coloured glow sticks, they would light up the dark rooms along with the stripe light. There were a few tables in each room along with a beer keg in the kitchen and living room, along with the living room furniture pressed up against the walls. The tables would later be filled with drunks and snacks that River's house staff would put out later.

Teddy picked Sasha and I for the game about thirty minutes before it started. Teddy quickly found his parking spot- yes he had a designated parking spot, just like River and Emily did.

"There's so many people here." Sasha mumbled as she smoothed her palm over her leggings.

"It's the championship, Baby." The sound of Teddy's car locking came from behind us as he went up behind Sasha. Wrapped his arms around her waist and guided her to the bleachers.

He towered over her, as always, and held her close to his chest while whispering something in her ear.

"It's such a nice day." Sash sighed, tilting her head back and looking up at the clear, bright blue sky that loomed over the football field that contained both teams warming up.

"You're right."

I felt her hand grab mine and squeezed it gently.

"How are you feeling, Ly?" Teddy gave me one of his goofy smiles that always made me smile or try to bite back my smile.

He was such a warm, kind person. His smile was so real, genuine and so him. It's so confusing how he and Sasha could be friends with River. They were the complete opposites. River cruel and cold, while they're so gentle and kind.

"I'm good. What about you?"

"Amazing." He answered before kissing the top of Sasha's head. "Up there."

Teddy nodded towards Miranda, Thomas and Ryder sat a couple rows from the top.

Miranda raised her arm, waving at us with a smile.

Miranda startled me by wrapping her arms around Sasha and I and hugging us. "You girls look so beautiful. Sit, we brought drinks and snacks." She gestured towards the waters and various snacks that were in front of them.

"They should be starting any minute now." Thomas told us, wrapping an arm around his wife's waist, pulling her close. 

Ryder had hardly acknowledged our presence as he moved his fingers across his screen quickly.

"How's he looking?" Teddy asked.

"I think he's nervous." Miranda admitted, but Thomas shook his head.

"I think he's ready for this. He's been waiting forever for this day."

The buzzer went off, cutting anyone off who thought about speaking. Each team jogged over to their benches where their coaches stood.

When the buzzer went off again, both teams ran to assemble on the field. They all fit perfectly, assembling almost like a puzzle.

The Evergreen Lions were the ones to win the coin toss, earning them the ball first. The ball went back and forth between the two teams as the countdown on the clock got to zero and the buzzer went off.