88 | Time Limit

Irene tentatively extended her hand towards Theodore's open palm, captivated by the reserved sparkle in his eyes that resembled the depths of the ocean. While uncertainty lingered within her, the comforting touch of his large hand reminded her of Rudien.

"I'm about to reveal something of utmost importance," Theodore stated, his smile fading as his gaze turned grave, leaving Irene to contemplate the weightiness of his words. "Everything you are about to witness will shed light on what you need to know before assuming your role as the next Saintess."

Before she could utter a single word in response, Theodore closed his eyes.

Suddenly, a breathtaking burst of radiant light engulfed them, eliciting an involuntary gasp of astonishment from Irene. A blinding golden glow swirled around them - like a vortex that spun with such velocity, it seemed to bend and distort everything in its path.

Reality itself twisted and contorted, leaving Irene in a state of exhilarated disbelief, as she found herself immersed in an otherworldly spectacle beyond her wildest imagination.

Her eyes were wide with awe.

What's happening?!

Overwhelmed, Irene squeezed her eyes shut, a strong gust of wind challenging her balance. Thankfully, the unwavering grip of the late emperor's hand kept her firmly grounded, providing stability amidst the chaos.

After a few seconds, the tempestuous wind subsided.

Irene cautiously cracked one eye open. As soon as she did, her gaze widened in sheer awe at the sight that unfolded before her.

The beautiful coastal cliff was nowhere to be seen.

Instead, she found herself standing before a much more familiar, grandiose estate.

Isn't this... Laydel's main palace?!

The castle's exterior exuded a simple elegance, its pristine white walls standing tall and proud against the backdrop of a clear blue sky. Delicate tendrils of ivy gracefully climbed the walls, adding a touch of natural charm to the architectural splendour.

Glossy windows reflected the sunlight, casting a gentle glow that accentuated the palace's greatness. A meticulously manicured front lawn stretched out ahead, its lush green expanse inviting and dappled with multitudes of summer flowers, a testament to the care and attention lavished upon this regal abode.

Irene's jaw practically dropped at the sight of it. This world before her felt so real, so full of detail. "How in the world...?"

Just then, a resonant voice echoed from the vicinity, introducing, "Prince Theodore, meet Lady Yestala Atlan."

Captivated by the sound, Irene pivoted towards its source, only to discover that Theodore had already ventured off from her, positioned a short distance away from a group of extravagantly attired individuals.

Curiously, Irene observed that these individuals appeared oblivious to the emperor's presence, as if unable to sense or notice his regal figure in their midst.

Drawing nearer to the group, Irene's eyes widened in amazement at the sight that unfolded before her. A strikingly beautiful woman stood tall, draped in an exquisite red and white gown that elegantly accentuated her hourglass figure. Her luxurious locks cascaded down to her waist, resembling strands of spun gold. Those piercing blue eyes exuded a regal allure and an unrivaled grace, captivating Irene with an overwhelming sense of awe.

Every aspect of her appearance epitomised the essence of an Empress, radiating stunning beauty that left Irene spellbound.

By the woman's side stood a young boy who bore a striking resemblance to her. Tufts of blonde hair adorned his head, and his captivating sea-blue eyes mirrored the beauty of his mother's. Clinging to her side with a petulant glare, the prince reminded Irene of Mikael as a child, but she could tell this wasn't him.