Chapter 26

Picture of Nikola😍

LMFAOOOOO THE EMOJI US SIDEWAYS AGAINNNNNNNN
PLEASSSEEEEEEEE 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

----------

Nikola's P.O.V

When I first met Hagen's friends, I had liked them... somewhat.

They were friendly, clearly fond of Hagen, and not at all interested in him romantically, which made them satisfactory to me. Now, as the deranged trio continue to scream and bang for attention like an aggravated shrewdness of apes, I found that already-faint fondest withering into smithereens.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" Hagen hisses as all the tension I'd worked out of him returns with newfound force.

"Hagen," I try, but he's already pushing at my chest with only the word 'fuck' on his tongue. I sigh, letting him slip free while I slump onto the other side of the couch and look up at my panicking mate.

Despite the situation, he looked perfectly debauched. His hair was a ragged mess, his clothing, askew, and his neck, a treasure trail of all my affections. His lips were swollen in a way that made my mind dazed, but that's where the tempting sight ended because now, his eyes were blown wide with the type of panic that made my chest uncomfortably tight.

I hated seeing my mate distressed for any reason, but I didn't know how to fix it. All the solutions that came to mind were destined to upset him.

If I used my magic to send his friends back to wherever they'd spawned from with some altered memories, Hagen would likely be agitated and pull away from me, and that could not happen with the plans I had for him this week.
If I used my magic to take us away so that we could remain in the fictitious world we'd been living in for the past few days, it would only postpone the inevitable, and Hagen would likely grow angry for some reason.

The fact of the matter was, Hagen's friends were here to see him, and so long as I was here, they would see me as well and thus, questions he hadn't found the answers to yet would arise.

"Hagen!" one of the hooligans, Ruben, shouts. "Mi know yuh in there and I cya do dis all day long!"

More banging. More reasons to exterminate.

"Shit!" Hagen grates out as he looks frantically between me and the assaulted door. "Shit! Ugh- GIVE ME A MINUTE!"

The noise comes to an abrupt stop, allowing silence to greet me for only a minute before- "I knew he was in there!"

That was likely Jaspar, as his was the only voice I wasn't closely familiar with.

"I told you!" Max replies, the smugness practically breaking through the door.

With a little time bought for himself, Hagen lets out a short breath before he looks at me as though to ask for help.

"We can leave," I offer, despite knowing what the answer would be. "I can take us anywhere else."

Hagen shakes his head quickly, "No, we can't. I can't do that to them. They wouldn't come unless they were really worried."

On another day, I might just find it sweet that Hagen's companions worried about him when they didn't hear from him for a few days, but today... I couldn't quite figure out how to feel an emotion that didn't share some resemblance with annoyance.

I say we smite them! - Neo growls, more enthused for violence than usual with the unwelcomed distraction. Then the problem will be solved.