WARNING: Very long chapter! 

Hagen: 20, Nikola: 15

And don't be shy with the comments  💗
----------

Hagen's POV

"Hola mi nombre es Hagen y mi color favorito es el morado." (Hello my name is Hagen and my favourite colour is purple)

"You sound a little off," Jaspar shouts from his couch. "Forced."

"That's cause this is forced," I reply as I wave the stupid paper around. "In what world would I ever tell someone my name and my favourite colour in one sentence?"

Jaspar bites off a piece of his liquorice before he eyes me with a way-too-serious look. "You'd be surprised, Hagen."

I roll my eyes at the idiot, but that idiot was also a primaeval vampire, so if anyone had run into that situation in life, it was Jaspar.

"Come on, try again," he prompts, waving what's left of his liquorice around. "Or should I say, 'Inténtalo de nuevo, mi amigo que ama el morado." (Try again, my friend who loves purple)

Sometimes, like right now, I wished I'd never chosen a language elective as part of my course this year, but then again, it was the only class I was currently passing, and with good grades at that. I'd always loved languages and to be honest, I didn't get how other people didn't. Other people were literally speaking in different codes all over the world, and the fact that people didn't have an obscene urge to understand them all was insane to me.

If it were up to me, I'd spend my whole life learning languages, and I guess I could, but it felt wrong when I looked at everyone else in my life. My brothers were alphas, a marine biologist in training, and it was just a matter of time before Josey ended up in the Academy, and what— I'd be a linguist?

I fell short in enough ways already.

"Hola," I start, trying my best to go for casual. "Mi nombre es—"

'I got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine
I got a love and I know that it's all mine, oh, oh-oh'

Jaspar stares blankly at me and I shrug as I reach for my phone, "It's been stuck in my head lately."

He wrinkles his nose, "It's worse than your anime-shit," he denounces and I gasp.

"We'll address that blasphemy later," I warn him before I answer the call, "Yellow?"

"Hagen."

I stiffen. It's automatic, just as the fear that washes over me is. Over the years, my Aunt Kat and I had grown apart, just like I'd grown apart from her son. We still said hey to each other when we crossed paths, she was as nice to me as I was to her, but before we parted, I always saw that sadness and regret in the back of her eyes. It just wasn't the same and I doubted it ever would be. I couldn't pop over to her house whenever I wanted, and we both knew why.

But she called me. She never called me, which meant something was wrong.

"What happened?" I ask, my heart already dropping as the absolute worst comes to mind.

What happened to him?

"Nothing. Nothing," she rushes out quickly. "Well, not nothing, but don't panic."

That just makes the panic worse.

Jaspar stands, frowning deeply as he silently asks if I'm okay. I nod and gesture over my shoulder. He waves me off and I smile gratefully at him before I disappear deeper into his house.