Chapter 34

MERRY CHRISTMASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FROM ME TO YOU AFTER A STRESSFUL, SLOW YEAR OF UPDATES I BRING A DOUBLE UPDATE ON THIS SPECIAL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy these Control chapters, especially the next one hehe, and on Patreon enjoy the Levi and Jayson try omega-alpha roleplay for all tiers BUT the Copper Tier!! Link in my bio!!!

Love you all and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

-------------------

Hagen's P.O.V

I stare into the grey eyes opposite me, forcing myself not to crack. I wanted to run, to get as far from his attention as possible, but fuck that. I already knew that I couldn't run from Nik and I'd be damned if I wasted the lifeline Zyair had gotten me.

I pull the paper between us forward along with the pen too.

"Rule one. When I say I don't want you around me, you need to respect that and leave."

Nikola blinks, his face painfully blank, "If I do that, we'll never see each other."

I don't bother denying it.

"Hagen," he says placatingly. I feel my eye twitch.

"I almost had a fucking panic attack earlier because you wouldn't leave me the fuck alone," I snap, not bothering to be gentle about it. Nikola at least had the grace to grimace. "When I say go, you need to fucking leave."

Nikola is quiet at first as he stares at the paper and the pen in my hand. I wait for him to say no so that I can say, 'see, Zyair.' Instead, he nods stiffly but adds, "When you really want me to go, then you have to say, 'Nikola, it's time. Leave'. Say it just like that and I'll go."

"When it's—" I cut myself off to take a deep breath while the pen strains between my fingers. "What do you mean, when I 'really want you to go'?"

Nikola stares blankly at me again and I have to fight the urge not to throw the pen at his stupid face.

"Fine," I grumble, jotting down the new rule.

I've barely finished the last letter when magic tugs the pen from my grasp, sliding it along with the paper perfectly within Nikola's waiting grasp.

When I look up, his eyes are already on me, "Rule number two. No more excessive drinking, Hagen."

"These are rules for us," I said through a clenched jaw. "Not for me."

"It affects me too," he retorts, his eyebrows dipping just a little. "When you drink as much as you do, I feel your nausea as if it's my own and it muddles our bond."

"Then I should drink more," I retort with a smirk that grows as his frown deepens.

"No more excessive drinking," he repeats. "Otherwise, I'll be forced to be there to collect you every time you do."

He says it with a slight tilt to his tone, almost like a taunt, or maybe a question. One that suggests him being there every time.

My memories of last night were a torrential mess of club lights, one too many Jägerbombs, and then Nikola. Nikola in the very last place I ever expected to see him. Then it was even more blurry. I saw pieces of it like shuttered film, and in those shots, I remembered my head on his shoulder, his eyes focused entirely on my mouth where he'd slide my toothbrush in and out my mouth.

I blink the memory away and nod stiffly. "I won't drink too much."

Nikola writes the rule down and while he does, I fail to draw my gaze away from him.