When We Were Young And A Little Less Free - Flower Husbands

A/N: Basically, Empires S1 Scott winds up in Season 2. Chaos and trauma ensues. He goes home. Enjoy!

!!TW: None[Let me know if there is one I should add]!!

. . .

Scott's week was not going according to plan. A few days ago, the crown had - quite literally - fallen into his lap. Not only did this lowly thief have to run an empire, but a whole server as well. Really, he wouldn't mind much if someone had come and asked for it. He'd likely just handed it over. (He was quite grateful for Gem's snooping.)

He was in a bad mood, which was inherently not good for anyone he might come into contact with. Bad moods sent his normally outgoing and flirtatious personality into a snobby, sour downfall. And his ability and want to socialise was like it was never there. He didn't like this about himself, but if it got most people to leave him be when he wanted, he could settle.

He thinks back to how he'd gotten here, running an empire, regretting most parts. Maybe he should have settled on a mountain, where he'd have to talk to no one. No crown, no enemies, no worries. He was sure there was one by Joel's floating islands.

Oh, but the snow. Scott did not like snow. It was cold. And it turned his skin an awful shade of pink that, frankly, did not match his aesthetic. I mean, come on, he's not an elf.

He shook himself from his thoughts as he approached Spawn. The new towers - still mostly stone - surrounded a beautiful pagoda-like structure. Scott was impressed. From what he'd understood, Fwhip had built the structure and Shelby had decorated the inside. Maybe that was wrong. He rarely looked at the news appearing on his noticeboard every week.

He smiled at the wooden tower that was Jimmy's build. It was... flammable, he supposed. No, no, let's try cute. He huffed. Jimmy would hate that. 'Good', then, he'd settle with 'good.'

Jimmy's building capabilities had certainly improved since the beginning of the season. Scott quite liked the use of different woods the Sheriff had established. He could offer tips, maybe, but eugh... talking to people.

Instead, he thinks to himself about what he would change. Maybe a river, or a pond, something to add some colour to the drab little town. Flowers, definitely, fake flowers. Sunflowers? No. How about Lilies? Also, no. But... something about poppies just screamed Jimmy. Poppies were fine, he guessed. Not his first choice, but Jimmy seemed like the type to like poppies. Technically, the sands were red, so a few flowers and a water feature would be a nice change. Maybe he would offer to build them for the small man.

No, Scott thought, socialising. He shivered in disgust.

Scott likes the trees. Well, Scar's trees. The Azalea was a nice choice, seeing as the desert wouldn't make their green fade. They added some beautiful greenery to Tumble Town. There were too few - the Hermits were gone too soon - and he figured Jimmy couldn't find how to replicate them.

Scott landed gracefully on the dirt path around spawn. He shrugged his elytra off and slipped it into his Inventory. He sank into his chair, throwing one leg over the other, and crossed his arms. He glanced around at the other empire representatives.

After a silence much too loud for his liking, he sighed. "Where is Katherine?" He growled.

The other leaders gave him confused stares.

"What? She's the one that called this meeting and she's late. So, might I repeat, where is Katherine?"

Joel rolled his eyes, turning back to Lizzie.

Fwhip offered a nervous smile. "Gee, Scott, what's got your ears in a bundle?"

Pix didn't give Scott a chance to respond, saying, "Katherine has messaged me. She's running behind due to... a guest? But she'll be here shortly."