28; weakness

NEVER LET YOUR ENEMIES
KNOW YOUR WEAKNESSES

❝ NEVER LET YOUR ENEMIESKNOW YOUR WEAKNESSES ❞

It was five days later when Negan made a second appearance in her cell.

"I have some news for you," he started. Her chin tilted to meet his gaze, worried it may have something to do with her family. "It's a proposition."

"What's that?" She asked coldly, after a moment of hesitation.

"I'm going to let you out, but I need you to understand something first." He was straight to the point. She kept her lips in a thin line, doubting his words. Even if he was serious, she wasn't sure if she even wanted out if it wasn't to go back to her family.

She gave him a mere half second of eye contact before she directed her gaze back to the dark corner. She was used to feeling alone. She wasn't excited to see Negan after six days, she wished he would have stayed away longer. Life was seeming more and more futile the further it went on and the four brick walls around her proved to be a distraction from the outside world. It numbed her emotions, her thoughts. She was just there, and she didn't mind.

He ignored her lack of response and continued. "This is not how I punish people – not at all. When some dumb motherfucker decides to try and make a fool of me, I have much, much more effective punishments than locking them up. Now that would just take up too much space, and it's not nearly as damn fun. I turn those idiots into a lesson for everybody else that I am not somebody that you want to mess with." He took a pause from speaking to cross his arms over his chest and take a few steps toward Winona. "But I wouldn't hurt you. I don't want to. Plus, bashing your friend's skulls into the ground and giving you a couple weeks to think about it was punishment enough, I think."

She wasn't going to give him the time of day, but his rambling caused her to snap. "What the hell is your point, Negan?"

"Jesus, how about a thank you."

"Thank you?" She could scream at him, but she kept herself toned down. "For murdering my friends? What the fuck is wrong with you Negan? You're screwed up in the damn head!"

He groaned and threw his arms in the air. "You'd think with all the time you had to think in here you'd use a bit of it to reflect on what your precious Rick did." He shook his head as a deep laughter erupted from his throat. "You know, I bet he was the one that killed Noah. One quick slice through the brain as he slept. Probably enjoyed it, too."

She wanted to yell fuck you but all she could bring herself to do was lift her hands to cover her eyes. She hadn't had the chance to feel her emotions, being alone. She blocked out her thoughts. She suppressed the images of her friend's lives being taken from them to the back of her mind, and she surely didn't take the time to picture how Rick might have killed Noah. She still couldn't believe it might have been him.