14; forget

THERE'S SOMETHING
ABOUT YOU

❝ THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT YOU ❞

Her reflection in the wall-mounted mirror was unsettling, to say the least. More an emulation of herself. Familiar, but vaguely different. Perhaps it was the hollowed cheeks or sunken in eyes, or the tight fitting tee shirt that clung to her ribs.

She would admit she wasn't eating enough. Her body showed it, and she wouldn't get far on many more runs if she was always fatigued. Two meals a day wasn't adequate, but it was enough to get her by.

Heaving a sigh, she headed toward the door before slipping on a pair of slippers. She found them on one of her runs and shoved them in her bag when nobody was looking. If Negan found out, he'd be pissed, but she was good at keeping things to herself. She even slipped a few bags of nuts and seeds, and some stale crackers. The supply of unexpired food was scarce nowadays, and it helped with saving points. The slippers were striped red green and white, with snowflakes aligning the sole. They were interesting. She was sure she'd get a couple glances.

She made her way down the hallway with haste, her stomach grumbling wildly. She could only think about what was on the menu for tonight. The food in the cafeteria was never very good unless they had fresh vegetables, which was a rarity. She'd been there a couple weeks already and only been served them once.

Turning a corner, she bumped into something and caught herself on the wall before falling over. The other girl wasn't as lucky and landed on her ass, letting out a grunt.

"Shit, hell, I'm sorry-" Winona said, reaching down an open hand.

The girl brought her hand to her mouth and giggled. She let her help her up and shuffle to her feet, before wiping the dirt off her little black dress.

"That's okay," she waved her hands, still stifling a laugh, "are you in a rush?"

Winona squinted and looked the woman up and down. She was familiar. Obviously one of Negan's wives, seeing as she'd seldom seen any women around clad in something so small and tight. It was his favourite one, with short brown hair and a welcoming smile.

"Just hungry," she said awkwardly, reaching across her chest to rub her arm. "I-uh, you must be..."

"Sherry." She glanced down at her attire. "One of Negan's."

"Yes," Winona answered, feigning realization. "He showed me around on my first day."

"I remember you."

"Really?" Her brows jerked up.

"Of course," she brushed her hand over Winona's arm as a friendly gesture. She was one of the only people she'd met with a genuine amiability in The Sanctuary. "Pretty girl visits the parlor with Negan, we thought we had a newcomer. I have to say I was pretty disappointed when I didn't see you again. It gets pretty boring being stuck in one room with the same four girls every day. They're nice and all, don't get me wrong."