27. Bellys Birthday PT.1

beep, beep, beep, beep. I groan turning over and shutting off my alarm just as i was about to put my pjone down i saw what day it was. FUCK ITS BELLYS BIRTHDAY. oh wait thats not so bad taylor and hailey are coming to cousins. BUT STILL FUCKKKK SHE PROBABLY HATES ME. you know what, i dont care let her hate me im not gonna apologize to her. apologize... thats what conrad told me to do.... but when do i ever listen to people? oh thats right, never. after im done with my mini mental rant i get up and get ready. i go take a shower cause, yeesh, me going to sleep straight after crying my brains out, not the best idea, i'll tell you that.
I look in my closet to find something to wear, how the actual fuck do i have an entire closet and a clothing rack full of clothes but still manage to not find anything to wear. i found some baggy jeans and a black cropped tube top. cute yet simple. and listen ik im insane for wearing baggy ass jeans during the summer, but beauty is pain, and if pain means i have to put on a fire outfit with baggy jeans that i will definitely sweat in, then so be it.

i walk out of my room looking down at my phone and end up bumping into something or someone. i look up and see its conrad. someone play deja vu by olivia rodrigo right now.

"sorry" i mumbled and walked straight past him, i cant show how much hes effecting me. i walk down the stairs and get hit with the pleasant smell of pancakes and waffles, to be completely honest, i was never a pancake girl, that was belly, i was the waffle girl and im proud to say i will always be a waffle girly.

i go into the kitchen and see everyone but belly and conrad.

"golden brown and crisp, thats how its supposed to look," steven says as hes making the pancakes.

"Steven please tell me you made some waffles," i ask

"i didnt but jere did"

i turn around and see jere ready to take a bite into a waffle. so i do the only logical thing, i snatched it from his hands and bit into it myself.

"how kind of you to make waffles for me jere"

"yeah y/n those were mine but you're welcome"

i punch the side of his arm and then go to take a seat on one of the chairs that are near the island. a few minutes later i hear steps coming down the stairs

"Morning, everyone," belly says with a smile that falters when she sees me. kms. i give her a smile and then all of a sudden shes smiling as bright as the sun. yeah i think me and her are good now.

"Theres the birthday girl, looking like a vision in floral" susannah said(idk if susannah or laurel said that but it seems like a susannah thing so im assuming susannah said that)

A chorus of happy birthdays go around. until i speak up.

"happy birthday belly" she gives me a warm smile and
thanks me.

to say everyone was shocked was an understatement, it was so quiet i can hear the waves crashing onto the sand. until conrad comes down the stairs and says a happy birthday to belly. which i guess signaled things that meant we could go back to normal now. i looked at conrad to only find him looking at me. kill me now pleaseeeee. just as i was about to ask to go outside i get interrupted.

"shall we open gifts?" belly asked

"oh youre gonna love mine," jere said excitedly. did i miss something? cause these two were arguing like a divorced couple just yesterday and now, they r completely okay with each other.

i sit on the ground with jeremiah next to me. everyone gives their gifts till its my turn. oh yeah you guys dont know that i got her a gift, well i did, and to say its awesome is an understatement, it's probably the best big sister gift ever. i get up and give her a small box. the first thing in there is a stack of $500, ive been saving up for this present for so long. you see i didn't just buy a car for myself, i bought one for bellys birthday too. do i know how i managed to get the money absolutely not, but whatever i did, it definitely worked.

belly reached the midway point of the box where i had written a letter.

happy birthday belly, you would always talk about how mucb youd love to drive your own car some day so why not make that day.....today?

bellys eyes go wide and everyones eager to know what it is. as she unraps the final gift a set of car keys drop into her lap.

"no way, no way, NO WAY! Y/N YOU GOT ME A CAR?!?!"

"mhm"

"WOAH WHAT YOU GOT HER A CAR" steven and jere ask in unison.

"Y/n how did you pay for it?" laurel asked.

"you guys forget that i have an inheritance."

"but thats for college?"

"dont worry i applied to many scholarships and theres enough money left for tuition if i dont get the scholarship."

"WHERES THE CAR?" belly asks eager to know.

"its in the driveway" i say with a faint smile

"THANK YOU SO MUCH Y/N YOURE THE BEST SISTER EVER OMG"she squeals as she crushes me with a hug.

"okay okay now go look at your car"i say pulling away

she squeals and runs to the front door with everyone following close behind her except for one person.

"you apologized to her?" i turn to look at conrad

"no i didnt cause i dont need to apologize to someone for the the pain they caused ME" i get up and go get my car keys because today Taylor bellys best friend and my best friend Hailey are coming to cousins to stay for a couple of days.

i grab my keys and walk out the door watching belly be in complete awe of her car. i smile at the sight.

"belly, jere, we gotta go pick up two certain people" i say waving my keys around.

"OH SHIT TAYLOR AND HAILEY" jere yells in a moment of realization and starts patting down himself looking for his keys.

"jere we can use my car calm down" i head towards the drivers seat as jere hops in the passenger seat and belly goes to the back.

"Are yall buckled up?"

"y/n we're not kids" belly says rolling her eyes.

"hey you have higher chances of dying without having a seatbelt on and i dont really feel like being responsible for someone death."i start the engine and back out of the drive way.

we arrive at the bus stop way to early so i decided to let belly practice driving my car until the bus containing our best friends arrive. Jeremiah pitches in the help her with her driving.

"Okay, slow and steady. You're doing great."

"just keep going straight,okay?"

"okay" belly replies to jere and i's advice.

"so you excited to see taylor?" jere asks

"Yeah, uh, of course. So excited"

"you sure?" i chuckle

"Look, she's my best friend in the world, but, um, I mean, you know how Taylor is.

"She's like a hurricane."

"Oh, yeah, yeah. Hurricane Taylor."

"yeah i get what youre saying bells, hailey is way different than i am which, you know, tends to make me feel like the side character around her. and taylor probably makes you feel that way too, but remember today is your day not hers, you get to be the main character for once"

"yeah, i guess youre right, thanks y/n"