28. Bellys Birthday PT.2

"We're gonna need a part two to this driving lesson, okay?" Jeremiah tells Belly after she got honked at and almost caused a car accident. I mean at least I didn't end up like my parents so it's alright, ahh, how I love using humor to cope with traumatic life experiences.

"And part three and part four" Belly says as she and Jeremiah laugh. and I don't know why but something in that moment proved that they were meant to be. I'm probably just a delusional wingwoman but in all seriousness, you could always tell there was an invisible force pulling Jeremiah and Belly together, kind of like a gravitational pull a solar system has. Call me a nerd or whatever I don't care, but in my opinion astronomy and relationships are fairly similar, in a very metaphorical sense. In this situation Belly and Jeremiah are in with the guy Belly is dating, Belly's the earth, her boyfriend is the sun, and Jere is the moon. though the sun is there to light up the happiest of days the earth goes through, it doesn't see what the moon sees. the sun couldn't possibly be there for Earth when it was dark and gloomy, but the moon has been there for all of Earth's darkest days, days when the Earth felt as if it couldn't even breathe. The Sun wasn't there to light up those days and bring beauty to the Earth during its darkest times, but the moon was. the moon would shine over the Earth, giving its beauty and admiration to Earth, so all the people that lived on Earth would admire it more and love it more. sure the sun got to see the Earth first. Still, the moon was the one Earth looked at, the one that made the Earth wait till the sun left just to see its glow, nothing too bright for the Earth to get over its flaws like how the Earth did for the sun, but it was bright enough for the Earth to see every single flaw, imperfection, crater, and scratch that was ever laid upon the Moon. and even after being imperfect, the Earth looked for it every day. The Earth looked for the Moon every day. Damn, that was not astronomically correct whatsoever but it's a metaphor so it doesn't matter, also since when do I make completely original metaphors?

I realized that I probably shouldn't refer to Belly's date as mystery guy so I asked, and by asked I mean I asked for her phone and went through her contacts to find him. I found out his name is Cam. cute. I guess. but how the fuck would that ship name work? celly, bam, bameron? yeah, I can already tell that won't work.

I wonder what Conrad's doing right now. I mean he's probably sailing and stuff with that guy Cleveland but I wonder how he's doing emotionally, yeah sure I'm pissed about what he said yesterday but if Conrad's mad at me out of all people you know something's wrong. I mean I know Susannah has cancer and he knows about it too. but it's probably affecting him more than he leads on. I mean I can't blame him I would also try to hide my pain if I was the only one who knew about a family member's illness but he needs to talk about it to someone because I know if he puts up with this any longer he won't be himself again. And I'm not willing to lose my best friend.

We make it to the bus stop which is where me and Belly's best friends, Hailey and Taylor, are going to arrive.

" Twenty bucks Taylor calls you "Jeremy" again," I say as we all hop out of the car.

"I don't... I think she learned from last time, " Jeremiah says confidently as we stand waiting at the bus stop.

"You think? " I chuckle whilst raising my eyebrow.

"That's how she flirts with you," Belly says nudging Jere.

"Here they come," Jeremiah says.

Taylor was the first to come out."Oh, my God. Oh, my God". Taylor and Belly repeat as they hug each other

"Happy birthday!" Taylor says pulling out of the hug.

"Thank you," Belly responds with a small yet big smile.

"Belly, you little tart." Taylor eyes belly up and down.

"What?"

"You finally took my advice. This outfit is snatched." Taylor says in a slightly shocked voice.

"Oh, my God, Taylor." Belly laughs.

"Isn't Belly looking like a snack?" Taylor asks Jere.

"Always," Jere replies. I'm internally screaming right now, WHAT?!

"Thank you." Belly blushes.

"Hey , Tay did you see hailey on the bus?" I ask taylor since hailey hasn't come out yet.

"Um, no I didn't.."

As taylor said that i felt someone grab on to my shoulders as an attempt to scare me. i turn around.

"HAILY" i scream as i hug her.

"okay yeah i missed you too but youre legit squezzing the life out of me" hailey says out of breath.

i roll my eyes at her comment and let go of her. "ok. im legit never hugging you again." i said sarcastically but very subtly.

"NO NO IM SORRY." she then jumps on me and squeezes me as she hugs me.

"thats what i thought" i said pulling away.

"so y/n, jeremy, belly what do yall got planned for today" taylor asks.

"Ha! pay up jere." i said sticking my hand out.

"at this point im not going to even try to make bets against you." jere says grabbing the twenty bucks out of his wallet and placing it in my open hand. "taylor can you for once actually call me jeremiah or jere or literally anything thats not jeremy."

"hmm how bout no, jeremy.." we all start laughing as jere groans walking towards the car.

we all go sit in the car me and jere in the front and the rest in the back.

"this shits too quiet." i said as the only thing heard as we were driving was the wind.

i pull out my phone and get the aux cord. and of course i had to pull out the 2016 playlist for this day. it just made sense. i grin as i pull up "i love it" by icona pop and charlie XCX. i play the song and everyone immediately stops talking and looks at me with a grin.

"I GOT THIS FEELING ON A SUMMER DAY WHEN YOU WERE GONE. I CRASHED MY CAR INTO A BRIDGE, I WATCHED, I LET BURN. I THREW YOUR SHIT INTO A BAG AND PUSHED IT DOWN THE STAIRS. I CRASHES MY CAR INTO A BRIDGE. I DONT CARE, I LOVE IT. I DONT CARE, I LOVE IT. I DONT CARE, I LOVE IT. I DONT CARE, I LOVE IT" we all scream the lyrics at the top of our lungs all realizing we accidentally memorized the lyrics when we were like ten.

we all start giggling at our in sync singing.

"holy shit that was awesome." jere says looking at the road as his adrenaline is evident.

"oh just you wait." i said playing the next song which happened to be baby by Justin Bieber and ludacris. lets just say by the time we made it to the ice cream shop we lost our voices.

"i would literally eat this everyday if i could" taylor says as she eats a spoonful of her ice cream.

"me too." belly agrees after swallowing her spoonful of ice cream.

A/N- hey yall long time no see (it been like 6 months) anyways im sorry i havent updated in a while. im sorta kind busy 24/7 and every day there a new chunk of school drama that i cant ignore and tbh i ended up forgetting abt this book. not to mention the fact that some people ik irl found this book and r actively reading it.... um im def not a frequent updater but this school years been absolute shit so far and ngl it all kind of feels like a coming of age movie, a perks of being a wallflower type of movie... anyways i hope yall enjoy this chapter.