Chapter 4

Jennie

I waited for Lisa to respond, but he stood motionless, just staring into my eyes, trying to figure out if I'd been kidding.

"Lis, I am serious about it," I said him.

Lisa shook his head in confusion and chuckled. "I don't agree with whatsoever you have in your mind, Jen," he said as he was about to leave my room, but I stopped him.

"Come on, Lis, I'm not asking you to donate your kidney to me; I'm just asking you to marry me; after all, I proposed to you in a nice and decent manner, didn't I?" I pointed out. "How can you refuse this pretty face?" I asked and gave him a puppy-eyed expression.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "You aren't asking me to donate my kidney by urging me to marry you; you want to claim my heart, soul, and the rest of my life, which is worse."

I had no choice except to approach Lisa and persuade him to marry me. Even though it was selfish of me, I couldn't let go of this one chance to save my father's and the unborn baby's lives. Plus, I knew Ace had nothing to lose by participating in this. I was well aware that he was not interested in any woman at the time.

"What's wrong having having a marriage to me?" I muttered.

"Everything," he said.

"Look, Jen, I want to find out what exactly happened. You had planned to cancel your wedding, which is why you headed to talk to your dad. Why are you asking me to get married to you now? What changed your mind?" He examined his eyes at me, continuing to try to figure out what was happening.

I couldn't cry in front of him. I couldn't even show him a sorrowful expression because he would notice how weak I was.

"Hey, talk to me, Jen," he whispered softly.

I took a long breath and finally spoke, "I didn't speak to Dad."

"Why?" he asked, trying to remain cool.

"As I was on my way, I ran into Jackson and saw a medical report," I mumbled, closing my eyes to keep the tears a away.

"My dad has a heart condition. His heart will not be able to endure it if I canceled my wedding. He has a lot of hopes of this special day. I can't ruin all of that."

For a long, Lisa was quiet, and silence filled the room. He knew why, which is why he was now considering what he should do and the best way to handle this matter. However, I knew exactly how to persuade him to totally support my proposal.

"I understand if you didn't like to marry me," I said with a frown. "It seems to be that I need to get married Kai."

He hadn't glanced at me yet and was still thinking.

"It wasn't important if he impregnated another woman. Maybe I'll accept that woman too and stay alone in a lonely position as Mrs. Kim Jennie. I can at least do this for my dad." He shut his eyes, and I said, "I will marry S."

"me." Lisa ended my statement by

"Sorry?" I asked looking to find out whether I heard correctly.

"You must be because I have agreed to marry you," he stated, and my lips curved a smile.

"Really?" I asked, surprised.

He nodded his head. "I'm worried I will not allow you marry that cheater." If me agreeing to marry you saved yours and your dad's lives, then why not?"

Lisa truly was... He was too damn good to me, and now that he'd accepted, I couldn't believe it. He was willing to give up his own life for me, when I was the one who forced him under it for the sake of my dad.

"Thank you so much," I whispered as I placed my arms around Lisa's neck, taking him into a long embrace. He wasn't able to see my tears since we were still hugging.

He patted my back and whispered, "Anything for you."

I rubbed a single tear away with the back of my hand and pulled myself from the hug and smiling at him brightly.

"I promise, I will move all my properties into your name and helping you in business after we marry," I told Lisa as ashamed rose up inside of me.

He giggled lifting his brows. "We'll see about that; for the time being, there are a few conditions for you that you must fulfill after we married."

"Why are there conditions?" I replied, confused.

"You see, I came here to attend your wedding, not to be your groom," he clarified. "I didn't want to get married immediately because I wanted to spend all of my free time to my family, so there are some conditions you must fulfill."

"Okay," I said casually. He was doing a big thing for me, so the least I would have to do was agree to whatever he said.

"First, we'll live in Thailand with my family, because you know I live a extended family."

When I heard him, my eyes went as big as saucers. "Are you telling that I have to live in a extended family?"

Lisa was from an extended family, and it was always interesting to hear about his family's antics from him. I've always wished for an extended family like him. But the possibility of living with an extended family indefinitely felt worrisome. What if I didn't want to live with them? What if they didn't want to live with me? I'd be stuck there eternally. It'd be like getting stuck in an endless nightmare.

"Yes. Are you okay with that, Jen?" he asked sensing that I was quiet.

I simply nodded. "I'm fine with it." I had to give it a shot.

"Good," he said, putting his hands in his pockets. "Second, I know we're getting married willingly or unwillingly, but I still want us to respect each other privacy."

You are free to do whatever you want, while I shall do whatever I want. But we can't cheat on each other."

"Are you saying we can live our lives however we want, but we can't make out or even kiss someone else?" I was fascinated by this condition."

"Yes," he said, avoiding my intent gaze. We'll be legally married, which means that it'll be considered cheating if we do that."

Lisa Manoban never fails to amaze me.

"Anything else, sir?"" I questioned, curious.

"There are more, but we can talk about that after the wedding," he added, and to be honest, I was a little worried about what those conditions could be.

"Great, then I'm going to tell Dad that we're getting married,"

"Jen." Lisa called me as I was about to  heading out of the room again.

I turned to face him. "Yes?" I asked, smiling.

"I promise to make you happy forever," he promised, his gaze penetrating mine. His tone showed sincerity to me.

"I trust you," I said as I left the room, taking a deep breath.

I was going to be Mrs. Jennie Manoban.