Chapter 22

Jennie

⚠️⚠️⚠️

My heavy eyelids slowly opened up to a peeled ceiling, my head feeling extremely heavy.

It took me a little while to make sense of anything. When I did, I gasped and sat up on the white leather couch I had been lying down on. I scanned the entire room with my cautious eyes. It looked like a worn-out warehouse -completely creepy, like in the movies. The couch I was on looked new, though. It was the only thing that didn't look dirty.

"Look at that, the sleeping beauty has finally wakened up," Kai's familiar voice rang out, and I snapped my head in the direction of the door. He walked toward me with a devious smile.

"What the hell was in that lemonade you gave me?" I bellowed.

He took his sweet time to answer and sat down next to me on the couch. I shifted to the farthest corner, not wanting to stay closer to him, even for a bit. He was radiating ominous vibes.

"Haven't you figured it out yet, darling? I made that lemonade with a special medicine." It didn't take longer than a second to understand what 'medicine' he was talking about. This bastard drugged me. "You know, I was sure you would put up more protest than that to drinking something from my hand. Good thing you were angry with Lisa, so it was a breeze bringing you here."

My blood boiled at his smug, lamentable voice. I had to restrain my hand from shooting out and slapping him across the face. But no, I couldn't do that. I had to get out of here on my own, and the easy way to do that was to trick Kai into believing me. I had to make him understand that this was all wrong. Worse comes to worst, I would just have to fight with him physically.

I couldn't always depend on Lisa. I didn't know if he even knew I was missing or not, so I couldn't count on him to rescue me on time. I was strong, and I could definitely fight my own battles. I didn't someone else for that, especially not when that person didn't even consider me his better half, let alone like me back.

I just have to keep my calm-

"I love you, Jennie," as soon as Kai said that, all my resolve to stay calm vanished into thin air.

"What the fuck are you saying, Kai? You love Lily," I almost yelled. When he didn't dignify me with a reply, I continued, "And Lily loves you. You two are having a baby. Are you forgetting that?"

"You are right," Kai spoke up at last. "I love Lily, but not as much as you. Ever since I first saw you, you are all I have wanted. I want you like crazy, Jennie." His eyes darkened as his gaze roved over my body.

Feeling conscious and disgusted, I fixed up my dress a little. Then I glanced back at Kai, and this time, he was a little closer to me.

"Jennie, did you know you make people go horny just by one look from yours?"

I was appalled and shocked to hear those filthy words from him. I didn't realize I was about to marry such a cheap person. Thank God, I was married to Lisa. At least, I knew my Lisa properly.

"In case you forgot, I am married, Kai." I thought at least this would put some sense in his mind, but his next words shocked me.

"So what?"

I gaped at him. "What do you mean by so what? I am happily married, and I don't intend to cheat on my husband." He curled his fists into a ball.

"Damn that Lisa! Why is he so lucky? I wanted to marry you just so I could use you as much as I want, but that Lisa had me kidnapped. Now, he has you, and he can do all the stuff I wanted to do with you. That son of a—"