Chapter 26

Good evening Guyss!!!

How your day Guys? Enjoy your weekends and stay safe guyss!!! Have a nice reading:)

Authornim

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennie

A few days later, it was late morning when I suddenly got a call from my dad. It was unusual for Dad to call at this time.

"Hey, what's up, Dad?" I asked once I picked up the call.

"Hey, honey. Nothing much, actually. Just wanted to let you know something. Thought you might be interested," Dad said.

"Really? What could that be?" I inquired, intrigued.

"Well, it's just my Girlfriend will visit for some reason, and she's staying until tomorrow, so she was wondering if you would be free around the evening today," Dad informed me, and I almost squealed.

Finally, I was going to get to meet my dad's girlfriend.

However, I regained my composure and told him, "Yes, I'm free at that time." I needed to test the woman who was taking care of my dad while I was gone, and if I was going to go meet her, so was my dear husband. "But do you mind if I bring Lisa with me?"

Dad chuckled. "Of course not, sweetie. In fact, I was going to ask you to bring him but was afraid of you."

"Dad, I'm your daughter. I'm supposed to be scared of you, not the other way around." I pouted.

He chuckled some more and said, "True, but you have gotta admit, you're pretty scary like your mom."

I suppressed my giggles and asked in a much more serious tone, "Dad, you really like that woman, don't you? You're not just dating her because I asked you to, right?"

"Of course, honey."

"Do you, uh, think you will love her as much as Mom?" I asked hesitantly.

He let out a deep sigh. "Here's the truth, honey. I don't think I will ever love anyone as much as your mom, but you want me to be happy, and I'm sure your mom would want that as well. Plus, it is getting a bit lonely around here without you. But don't worry, I do like her, truly. I have hidden nothing from your auntie, and she's okay with all of it. So I've been happy with her."

I smiled. "That's all I have ever wanted for you, Dad. I love you."

"I love you too, sweetie."

∆∆∆

"Why am I here again?" Lisa deadpanned.

"Because you are my husband, and you vowed to go through everything I did," I answered, my eyes locked on the entrance of the cafe I was meeting up with Dad's Girlfriend.

"This isn't a martial trial, Jennie. It's just meeting with your dad's girlfriend. You don't really need me here. I could be at the office working right now—"