Chapter 32

Jennie

A few days went by since my birthday.

I had been a little annoyed at not being to wear the dress I had exclusively bought for my birthday as its sleeves were torn by kai's knife. And other than lisa being a little overprotective of me, my birthday party was perfect for the most part.

It had been fun to see Lily whine about wanting to drink but being unable to because of her baby. She had been a lot relaxed after her conversation with Lisa in his study, more relaxed than I had seen her in weeks. Later, I got to know that it was because lisa had gotten kai to sign that he would have no right over the baby.

My dad had also come with his lover, while Aunt Mary brought her fiance. I couldn't have been happier to have my entire family by my side on my special day, along with the person I loved the most.

"What are you doing?" I asked when stepped into our bedroom. As Lisa was with me all the time for these past few days, he picked out one of my favorite novels and started reading.

So Lisa was currently reading that book. He seemed really engrossed in it. However, he had a highlighter in his hand, which was why I asked him what he was doing. I hope he wasn't thinking it was a file or textbook which needed to have important stuff highlighted.

"Just reading," he replied casually.

"Are you highlighting something in the novel?" "Yes," he said with a sigh.

"Oh, okay," I uttered and went to the washroom to apply a face pack. I didn't mind Lisa marking on one of my favorite novels though, because I was already done reading it, and plus, it was him. He could do anything he wanted with my stuff.

Once I finished applying the face pack, I sat on the bed. "How long till you complete this novel? Also, how is it?" "You want a review?" When I nodded my head, he said,

"This novel is really interesting. I can see why it's one of
your favorites. Also, I am on the last page, so I will finish reading it in a minute."

"Okay," I mumbled and took my phone, scrolling through social media.

After a few minutes, Lisa held the novel in front of me. Before I could ask what, he told me, "I just finished reading this novel. Can you keep one request of mine?"

"Sure..." I said, hesitantly. Why was Lisa being so formal with me all of a sudden?

"I have highlighted some words serially in the novel, so re-read the novel and note every word I have highlighted."

"This is tiresome." I groaned and took the novel in my
hand. "What is so secretive that you can't say directly?"

"Please?" The way he said please melted me at that instant.

"Fine," I agreed.

"Thank you." He kissed my forehead and went to the washroom.

I started reading the novel, and the first three highlighted words I saw made me blink my eyes profusely—not believing whether I saw it right or not.

I love you - these three specific words were highlighted nicely.

Lisa loved me. Was he indirectly writing a love letter to me? More like marking the words so that I would read those words he wanted to say to me?

I felt a little annoyed that he did it before me when I have been busy trying to come up with ways to confess in a romantic way but haven't been able to get time to execute it. Despite that, I have never been happier!

As soon as lisa got out of the washroom, I jumped out of the bed. His eyes met mine, and I couldn't myself back anymore. When he got closer, I snaked my arms around his neck, standing on my tiptoes to initiate a kiss. He responded instantly, wrapping his hands around my waist.