Chapter 5

Jennie

I was reborn today.

Not in a dramatic manner, as in movies or anything, but in a meaningful way. After all, I was Mrs. Jennie Manoban as of today.

"Congratulations, Mrs. Jennie Manoban," said Peter Ross, a businessman and a friend of my father's.

As soon as I went down the aisle to marry Lisa, I became Mrs. Jennie Manoban in the eyes of the world. I was no longer Jennie Kim, Mr. Kim Robert's daughter. They had recognized me as Lisa Manoban's wife.

"Thank you," I answered, smiling. It was now time for our reception. This was going to be a long night because it was already midnight and the celebration had only just begun.

When I went to Dad and told him I was going to marry Lisa, he practically burst out joyful. He didn't even try to ask me about why I had changed my mind. However, I had informed him that Kai was in love with someone else.

Dad had organized everything in a timely manner. It all happened so quickly. I married Lisa in church, and, unexpectedly, no one worried about Kai. It even became breaking news. Lisa had a huge influence on everyone.

Lisa simply kissed my lips at the ceremony to avoid raising concerns in the minds of the thousands of people looking at us. The paparazzi went nuts when they saw Lisa and me. They assumed I changed my mind at the last minute because I discovered how much I adore Lisa.

Lisa and I were always in a hidden relationship, according to the paparazzi. They would write articles on us every time we hung together.

We were now back at the Kim's house, as that was where the reception had been planned.

I changed into a new gown, an off-the-shoulder appliqué gown with an open back.

For the reception, wear an overskirt. However, even after the wedding, I still hadn't received

I need some alone time with my husband.

It sounded strange, to call him husband.

Who would have guessed that one day I'd be married to my best friend and call him my husband?

I continued to behave as if I was listening to Mr. and Mrs. Ross comments because I needed to demonstrate respect as taught by my dad.

I needed to show that I was truly interested in their talk, whether I liked them or not.

I came out of my trance when I noticed Lisa talking to one of the business partners. He had a blank expression on his face, but I knew what was going on. People were longing to do business with Lisa since he was one of the top companies and had just received the businessman of the year award.

Lisa needed to get out of there, but that man wouldn't let him.

"Excuse me," I excused myself to Mr. and Mrs. Ross. "Enjoy the party," I said as I went towards Lisa.

When I got to him, I wrapped my arm over his elbow and smiled at the man.

"If you don't mind, please excuse us; I need to talk to my husband about something important," I respectfully said.