Chapter 25

Good evening guyss!!!
Enjoy reading:)

Jennie

After my hangout with Chiquita, I was on my way to the kitchen to Grandma's room to chat with her until lunch, when Lily called me from behind.

"Jen, can we talk?" she asked meekly.

I turned back to face her with a smile. "Of course, Lily. Is everything okay?" It clearly wasn't. She looked sick. She had dark bags underneath her eyes, indicating she hadn't slept properly for days. Her face was twisted into such a look of intense guilt and self-loathing that made my heart break for her.

"Yes, I just... I don't know how else to make myself feel better other than apologizing to you once again for what kai did... I... am so sorry." She had said the same thing to me so many times over the past few weeks that I lost count of it, and every time I tried to make her understand.

I shook my head and sighed. "Hey, I told you it's okay. Besides, it's not your fault, to begin with. Imagine if I had married kai that day, so many lives would've been ruined. Look what a good outcome your actions have brought. You saved my life by sending that woman that day."

She smiled at me, her eyes becoming watery. "How can you be so good-hearted? Anyone else in your place would have hated me."

"I could never hate a wonderful person like you, Lily. Kai is the unluckiest of all to lose such a precious gem. Anyone else in your shoes would have hated me, instead of trying to apologize like you are. That just goes to show how kind you are."

"No, it's not anything great. If it's not your fault, then why will I blame you? I have known you for a long time, Jen," she said. "Besides, I was in love, but I wasn't blind in love. If I had gotten a single hint he had his eyes on you, I would have thrown him out of my life myself."

"I know that. So please don't beat yourself up over Kai. Take proper care of yourself and the little munchkin growing inside you." I placed my hand over her belly, and she smiled lightly. "I'm going over to Grandma's room to have a nice talk. You wanna join us?"

She shook her head. "No, that's fine. I think I just want to be alone right now."

"Hey, you have stayed alone for the last three weeks. That's enough. You need some fresh air. Let's go sit out on the patio with Grandma. It will be fun and refreshing." When she still seemed hesitant, I tugged her hand. "Come on."

She gave a resigned smile and went along with me.

∆∆∆

After talking with Lily and Grandma for over an hour, and also learning some knitting in the process, Lily's mood seemed considerably better. We were all now at the dining table for the Sunday lunch where everyone was present.

Normal chattering was going around the table when Lisa leaned closer to me and whispered, "Will you really not talk to me?"

I flat-out ignored him and replied to something Aunt Mary said.

"Jen, will you look at me, at least?"

I turned my head towards Chiquita who was on my side and started talking to her. From my peripheral vision, I noticed Lisa sighing and continued eating his food.

For the rest of the day, I ignored lisa whenever he tried to talk to me. I went out shopping with mom and Aunt Mary who were also shopaholics like me. Chiquita wasn't much of a shopper, and Lily wanted to work on a case.

Even throughout dinner, I gave Lisa the same cold shoulder as lunch. Even when Aunt mary broke the great news of getting married to the family and everyone, including Lily, was overjoyed for her, I didn't answer Lisa when he asked me if I knew beforehand as I didn't look that surprised.